1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

?Iso Extraction Mode? vs : ?Iso Creation Mode? Craxtion!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ozrookie, Mar 18, 2004.

1. ozrookie

ozrookie Regular member

Hi guys,

I am new to all this so take it easy on me, i don't understand what is the diff b/w ?Iso Extraction Mode? vs : ?Iso Creation Mode????
    And i come across a word called "patch" what does that do?? do u need it for Xbox games backup???

Cheers :)

2. Scot

Scot Regular member

ISO Creation: Used to take the games files that you transfer from the xbox to your pc and puts it in a format that is suitable to burn to dvd so that it will play in your xbox.

ISO Extraction: is when you have a game.iso and you want to extract the files from inside the .iso. Say you have a game on your computer in iso format and you want to play it from the xboxhard drive, you would need to extract the files from the .iso and ftp them to the xbox.

Patching refers to a tool that is built into Craxtion that will automatically patch (hex edit) the .xbe files for media checks and remove them (change the hex string). If you are running a current bios then you shouldn't have to worry about patching games as the new bios will bypass the media flags. Patching is for peoples that are running old bios that haven't or don't want to upgrade.