1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO FILE INSTEAD OF DVD FILE

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by yosef, Oct 16, 2002.

1. yosef

yosef Member

Hi,
    I'm using windows XP with the new decrypter.
    I followed the procedure of DVD to DVD-R burning.
    First problem is: when I burn the ISO file the buffer doesn't work, it shows 0% all the the time ??? why?
    Second problem: after the file burned and I'm trying to locate a *.DVD file there is no such file, only *.ISO file the size of the movie, and a small MDS file ??? what am I doing wrong? is it related to the ASPI layer?
    After all, I burned the ISO file on a DVD-R but when I'm trying to play it, there is an error of file format not suported.
    Can someone give me an advise please, Thank you.

2. Smeee

Smeee Member

What are you using to burn?
    Sounds like your burning the ISO file, not an image disk. I have spent way too much time getting the burnig down... Works finally though.

More info, more info.

3. forker

forker Member

First of all, since you are using NTFS there will not be a .DVD file since all of the data can fit into a single file. The only reason DVD Decrypter uses .DVD files is because if you do it on a FAT filesystem files cannot be over a certain size so it splits the iso. But like I said, it is fine with NTFS. If DVD Decrypter doesn't burn correctly you might be able to just open Nero and select "Burn disc image" and open the ISO file and burn it that way... I've never tried it b/c DVD Decrypter always words for me, but you may want to try this method if you have problems burning with DVD Decrypter.

4. Laaz

Laaz Guest

yosef if your trying to use dvd decrypter to make an image & burn an image you should have no problems with XP.

1. Select .iso READ mode

2. Copy image (.iso) to the directory you want. (you will not see the buffer move as it does not need the buffer to read)

3. Once the .iso image is on your HD change the iso option in dvd decrypter to .iso write.

4. Make sure you select the file you just created as the source file & make sure you dvd-r is the destination.

5. Click the write button and sit back & let the program run. Once it finishes you should have an exact image of the dvd which will play in any compatible set top dvd player.