1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO files BURN TO DVD

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by davedumb, Sep 1, 2004.

1. davedumb

davedumb Guest

hi peeps, I am normally very good with iso image files. But I am still very new to all this stuff and need clarification on one thing. - i converted a bin file that had no CUE into an iso file using winISO. - this has worked in the past - even for a ps2 game. I then used NERO to burn. But when I ran the iso into nero it informed me that [bold] the entered blocksize is incorrect [/bold] and it asks me whether to change -or- ignore it. I tried changing it - you can select mode 1 or 2 and state the block size. I changed it to mode2 but coz the blocksize was wrong it didn't allow the change at all.
    When it was burnt to DVD the error had just been ignored (from earlier on) and the game does not load in ps2
    Does anyone know the correct numbers and mode to select, or is it different on each game or what. I thought there may be some numbers to try.

Anyway thanx, I'll keep on trying

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

bin files are supposed to be burnt to cd. why didn't you just make a cue file and burn it?

3. mugz

mugz Member

If you own the original then just redo your process and use DVD Decryptor and make a .iso file

4. davedumb

davedumb Guest

the file was too big for a cd, i don't what to do

5. davedumb

davedumb Guest

Actually, It wasn't a bin/cue to start with it was a multi-volume archive which gave me the INCORRECT BLOCKSIZE - and I know that ps2 games are mode2 but these ones are mode1. I need to know more about blocksizes etc. sorry for wasting your time sly.

ps. The original is WAY to scratched to use

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2 magic swap - slide tool
    pioneer dvd 106d dvd-rw
    help!!!!!!!!!!![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2004