1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iso files how do you extract .001, .002, non rar files

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jabroney, Aug 20, 2007.

1. jabroney

jabroney Member

In my haste in getting bioshock, I got some non winrar files that goes by bgr.001 instead of something like bgr01.rar. Now i tried to rename the files but when I do so and try to extract winrar tells me the filel cannot be found. I know it something really simple but I'm kinda clueless as I tried many methods already. Please help.

2. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

Right click the .001 file and open it with winrar. Extract the .iso and .dvd file like normal.

You were right, it was something simple.

3. 9bill

9bill Member

hello i have a game that requires me to extract an iso file i downloaded a isobuster and it requires me to pay 28.00 for the regristry number is there a free download of software that can do this please help

4. SaMirakle

SaMirakle Member

I need help. I have the same issue as the original poster. I have bioshock and the files are all numbered .001, .002, etc all the way to about .072 I believe. Anyway so I changed my setting in winrar to a user defined file extension of ".001" and I was then able to start extracting the file. However, there was a read error around 68% saying that it couldn't read one of the specific files or something. Is the torrent corrupt or am I doing something wrong? Someor please help me! I've had this damn torrent for like a month now trying to get it to burn! Thanks!

5. steimy

steimy Active member

there are two ways to open rar files
    1. right click on the file and if it has the extract option then select it

2. open winrar, go to file, choose open archive, then browse to the folder. You may see no files so click on the browse box drop down menu and choose the "show all files" option and they will appear. Now select the first one (game.001) and then after itloads in Winrar hit the extract button. This is used for some rar files when the extract option does not show up after right clicking the first file.

other than that there is really no more to it. If it still fails then the files you got are either bad or you are missing some.

6. SaMirakle

SaMirakle Member

Alright thanks for the help. I'll try it again and if it has another erros I'l just assume the files were originally corrupted and I guess I'll have to find another working torrent. Woo!

7. xbubbax

xbubbax Regular member

you can try to repair the rar file within winrar but if it cannot repair, tis back to the grinding wheel for ya

8. screwcase

screwcase Member

you can join these files with hjsplit
    get it from http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/

9. datatrek

datatrek Member

What could be the problem is one of the downloads is actuall corrupted. You should see a file with the extention .par or .par2. Download this and run it with a program call quickpar. You might also have to download some other files with the .par.

You should take a look @ http://www.slyck.com/ng.php and look @
    6. PAR & PAR2 files

10. kashi989

kashi989 Guest