1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO Games not working on 3.40 oe-a

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by secKEn, Jul 13, 2007.

1. secKEn

secKEn Guest

The iso games i put in my <root>ISO folder do NOT play all the time! the "demo" screen will start to play but when i load it it doesn't work!

Some things to know about my psp: i have lots of HomeBrew games on there, i have a 4 gig SONY MagicGate Pro duo memory card, 3.40 oe-a is my current firmware, the only game i can get moderately working is Ratchet and Clank size matters.

Right now i'm trying to play Brooktown High (just to spoof it if you need to know)

My friend got it working on his 2 gigabyte memory stick.

WTF?!

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

well your memory card could be fake. did you buy it online?

3. secKEn

secKEn Guest

Yes but then y would all my HomeBrew be working?

4. secKEn

secKEn Guest

And one more thing... how the heck would you make a fake memory card?
    all the memory is there and i can play all the homebrew games my friend can play.... my memory card says (Majic Gate (unknown)... is that bad? i'm assuming it is......Sorry im new to this... maybe i just don't know wht the hell im doing......

5. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

If it says "majic gate", it's more than likely fake. But that doesn't mean it's all bad - it just means that it's unstable.

6. secKEn

secKEn Guest

Unstable meaning.....?

7. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

Unstable meaning that the card exhibits wierd/fickle behavior when trying to run apps. or store data on it. I bought a 4gb fake once, and the memory on it was 100% corrupt - so when I went to the game menu on the xmb, it had this infinite sea of "corrupted data" icons.. It sounds kind of evil, but I ended up selling it to someone else on craigslist. I guess karma will pay me a visit for that little stunt someday.

8. secKEn

secKEn Guest

So bacily that about 1/2 of the time i get currupt / unbootable games / anything really. is there any way i can mak the memory card offical? and if it's fake how come the only thing that i can't play is ISOs? This is wierd.

9. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

I think you're SOL with it for the most part. There's a ton of fake Sony memsticks out there; you can tell it is if:

1. the lettering or the serial numbers on the back are etched/engraved/carved in - as opposed to smooth and decal-ish.

2. Perhaps it fits tightly.

3. There's something fundamentally missing (such as the Sony name or a misspelling like "majic" rather than "magic".

I finally bought a 3rd party memstick (a sandisk one), and it works great and is less expensive.

10. secKEn

secKEn Guest

So i'm just screwed until i get a new mem?
    that sucks. 4 gig'slike mine are like $110 even on ebay....
    Man, if anyone can tell me how (if pssible) to make it offical plz tell me....
    that's weird cause when it came it came in a unopened original box and nothing suspicious... everything works exept isos... everthings ship-shape exept the MagicGate (unknown)

11. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

MagicGate:Unknown=FAKE.....The only thing it should say is "supported"....While some games will work whether they are iso's or your emulators/homebrew app...Most do not...I had the same problem with a 2GB-I could get maybe two iso's and NesterJ running, but if I tried to add another iso or anything else to the memory stick-It would not even show up in the menu. Your best bet is to check the papers every week because they go on sale frequently at like Circuit City and Best Buy...I got a 4GB sandisk a few weeks back for $49.99 at CC...But definitely stay away from eBay-most of them are drop-shipped from Hong Kong...

12. secKEn

secKEn Guest

Awwww, man. Thanks for the help... even though it wasn't good news. I guess i'll just buy a new sandisk from wal mart or something.

13. 4BPTC

4BPTC Guest

ISO GAMES SHOW AS CORRUPTED ON MEM STICK........RUNNING 3.40 FW

14. 4BPTC

4BPTC Guest

PLZ HELP!!

15. 4BPTC

4BPTC Guest

PLZ HELP!!

16. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Ok-At least give people a chance to read the post....No need to bump the thread...
    Anyway-You said you are running 3.40 firmware? If you are not running custom firmware, you cant play iso's..They dont work on official sony firmware..

What you need to do in order to play iso's:
    1)upgrade your firmware to official sony 3.50 found here...
    2)Obtain an unpatched copy of the UMD game Lumines (not LuminesII)
    3)Once you get the game-use this downgrader in conjunction with the previously mentioned game to enable your psp to play homebrew, etc. This will downgrade your firmware to version 1.50
    4)Upon downgrading your psp to 1.50FW, you can then use this program to upgrade the firmware to version 3.40OE-A
    5)Once finished, you may then place your iso's into the ISO folder found on the root of your memory stick-and play them from the game icon in the psp menu...

Good Luck!