1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO IMAGE

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Ric70, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Ric70

Ric70 Member

two system one fat 32 other NTFS. Using Decrypter I get a [ISO image] on the NTFS. on the other I get a [IOO File]. I have placed many disc on the Hard Drive on both machines. Question why can't I create a ISO IMAGE on the fat 32. Is it because of the different systems or may I configure differently on the fat 32 to produce a ISO image?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You got it Ric70 - the different file systems. Fat32 doesn't support a file size over 4 gig so decrypter breaks them down in smaller chunks.
    You can burn .mds file from decrypter and it will pull them all tegether for the burn.

You can reformat the drive to NTFS (unless you running an old os) - just back up everything you want off of it 1st.

3. Ric70

Ric70 Member

I thought it may be something like that. I keep the fat32 because it seems some real old movies that have been reformatted for DVD will not copy to the hard drive using NTFS ??? sometimes decrypter-clonecd etc. will copy but if I use the fat32 and DVDFAB decrypter they copy fine. Just another glitch I guess. Thanks for your help, Dick

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Not a problem
    I only have the NTFS format - no problems even with the really old movies.
    May just be that the drive/burner can rip them better in Fat32 pc than the one w/ NTFS.
    I run into that.