1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO into NRG and back again????

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by flem3636, Apr 5, 2007.

1. flem3636

flem3636 Guest

I used to crack iso files with nero all the time, then all the sudden im having problems! Errr. When I try to burn an iso file, it turns it into an nrg file, then try to burn that i have another iso file, etc. I realize this is probably really stupid and there is a simple solution, but im apearently to stupid to find it! :(
    Pleeeaaasssseeeeee someone help me, my iso files and nrg files are starting to build up on me!

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

ISO and NRG files are the same thing for the most part. Nero just uses the NRG extension for their files. ImgBurn, DVD Decrypter, and other burners handle image files with both extensions. See if any of these guides help you.

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/Guides.htm

3. flem3636

flem3636 Guest

Wow, those guides are going to be quite helpful in the future! However, they don't seem to explain my problem here. I know they are basically the same file type, thats why im so confused when it prompts me to save (what started out as an iso) an nrg to my comp. and doesn't seem to burn anything image or not on the cd.

ooohh me. why cant i be a genius???

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Select Disk Image as what you want to burn in Nero Express or select Burn Image... under the Recorder menu of Nero Burning ROM to burn an image file to a CD or DVD depending on the recorder selected and the type of image.

Nero saves all image files with the nrg extension.