1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO or BIN CUE

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sithlordx, Aug 13, 2003.

1. sithlordx

sithlordx Member

Oh well here I am again totally stupified...I had asked a few questions b4 and the answers I sought were not indepth enuff...anyways heres yet another shot at the task...I have an ISO thatI would like to burn to a DVD-R so it will play in a standalone player.Now what? I had tried to use DVD DECRYPTER and all it did was start and act like itwas working butwhen the process was over the DVD-R was EMPTY!? I have Nero 6.0,DVD ARCHITECT and RECORDNOW DX...I have no idea how to accomplish what I want...The ISO is of a SVCD(or VCD)I used to have 2 DAT files but I deleted them thinking I didn't need them.Now I guess I needed them...Please help an ignorant guy out!!!thanks in advance...Oh yeahI made an NRG file too (deleted now)it was actually the orginal BIN CUE file (they were also split into two but joined as 1 file as NRG and ISO will it still work if burned?)????

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Try Norton Systemworks "unerase" if you need those other files...
    As for the ISO, it should just be a matter of going to Nero's file menu, choosing "burn image," and then selecting your ISO.
    On the other hand, the ISO could also be corrupted in some way...

3. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

An ISO is an exact byte for byte replication of the original disc ie - dvd, cd.. copies the entire disc everything. whereas a bin only copies the used data on the disc thus resulting in smaller file aka the .bin .. the cue serves as a content manager for the bin.. pretty much tells devices the order of the data of the bin.

why would you need to put a scvd on a dvd-r? most svcds will fit on a cdr/rw.. use Nero to burn bin/cue.. Open Nero, cancel the wizard.. once in Nero, goto Recorder - burn Image. .select your bin. follow the directions in nero..