1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO or Files?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jfk329, Dec 21, 2004.

1. jfk329

jfk329 Guest

Im kinda new at this i have been using DVD decrypter to rip files to my HD and using shrink to encode, and Nero to burn. IVe been reading on AD about Using a ISO image with nero . I have no idea how to do this , and furthermore which one has better results???

2. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

My advice - just skip Nero. Why on earth anyone would want to mess around with a folder of full VOB, INF, BUP files is beyond me.

Shrink will open the ISO file and give you a really nice interface - you can visually see what's going on in the DVD video. Using Shrink's re-author mode, you can make probably 90% of any changes you might want to make before burning. Save as another ISO file and then use Decrypter to burn. If you have lots of Hard Drive space, you can then file away the one ISO file, which is more intuitive than a folder full of video files.

I only use NERO Recode for complicated stuff since the VOB, INF, BUP stuff seems so "yesterday" and user unfriendly...

3. smg

smg Regular member

I have been wondering myself which mode is the better one also (ISO or FILES). Or if one is better than the other in specific situations.

4. colw

colw Active member

VOB files can be useful if you want to re-author or re-edit your movies.

My preference is VOB file format but each to his/her own.