1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO patching

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by gozilla, May 23, 2004.

1. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

Are there any patches avalable that can bypass the double protection on new games?? Because with my current setup, I cannot use CDLoader or DVDLoader or any other secondary boot method because I have to use AR2 to load games in the first place, and doing a double swap with a neo2.2 chip is not possible.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

there was a few games that patches were produced for tomb raider aod and soul calibur 2 are two i can remember but havent seen any recently .Just an idea but have you considered getting/making yourself a slide card to perform the second swap

3. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

yeah i considered making a slide-card, but since ive got an old ps2 (V3 PAL) the tray doesn't make a healthy sound when it ejects without force. the idea of using force to open the tray doesn't settle with me too well. i'd feel like im sending the ps2 to its early grave. but thanks for the help anyway. i was searching the net and couldnt find anything.

4. deagledog

deagledog Member

you could always get the flip top that way u would never have to open the tray

5. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

im surprised there isn't much (any) patching sceane on the ps2. i remeber back on the psx, before cloneCD, everygame had to be patched to run. Always thought that was much easier (cheaper) than having to keep on upgrading my ps2. Anyway, enough of my thoughts, the game I was after was actually Soul Calibre 2, since there is a patch for it somewhere out there, I’m going to find it.