1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO problems in 3.02OE-B

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by cheeher, Jan 10, 2007.

1. cheeher

cheeher Regular member

ive gone through lots of thread to find the answer to my question but i couldnt find it. so i decided to make one. ok. i recently upgraded my psp to 3.02OE-A to 3.02OE-B. yay!! i can play all kinds of games but i can't seem to play my ISOs. i dunno what's wrong. first of all i downloaded a Resident Evil 2. when i got it it has 2 files. one is call the resident evil 2.mdf . the other is call resident evil 2.mds. i used the software MagicISO to convert both of the files into an ISO. i created a folder in X:\ISO. but when i play the psp, no ISO folder or game will show up except the other PSX games? what is wrong. seriously need help. thnsx

2. cheeher

cheeher Regular member

plz really need help

3. ting03

ting03 Member

ok, you need to convert PSX type files to Eboot.pbp files first, before you even place them onto your PSP

i use a program called Popstation which converts most PSX images into the eboot.pbp type that the PSP can read, you can get popstation http://dl.qj.net/index.php

once your PSX image is converted it should consist of 2 files: eboot.pbp and a keys.bin

next step is to place these files in a folder, which you can name whatever you want

now, you must place that folder with the eboot.pbp and the keys.bin
    into your PSP drive to: X:\PSP\GAME

then it should show up under GAME > Memory Stick in the XMB

this is what i do for PSX games, and it works for me

4. cheeher

cheeher Regular member

yeah that worked but it freezes not too long after the beginning of the game. so i wanna try to get the ISO folder instead. plz help me

5. RyuKonton

RyuKonton Regular member

If you get an ISO version you will have to get a separate emulator that runs much slower than the Sony one, so don't do that.

OE-B still has some bugs that have glitches and annoyances in a lot of PSX games, as you see around the forums.

So just wait until there's some sort of a fix for this.