1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iso question, haven't been able to find answer

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by bfreeman, Nov 2, 2007.

1. bfreeman

bfreeman Member

okay well, i've been dabbling with isos over the past couple days and I've gotten them to work, besides for one thing. I'm not sure how to run games when you download them and there are 3 or 4 seperate iso files. I've searched the internet and haven't been able to find an answer. Do i just put them all in the iso folder? or do i have to put them in their own folder inside iso and name it something like ULUS00001 or whatever. Any help appreciated. thanks

2. phack

phack Member

if i understand you correctly, you're sposed to extract them to one file using winrar

3. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

You can extract them all at once using winrar. Just open up one of the files and it should show a iso or cso file in it an then all you do is copy it to your iso folder and it merges all the files together to make the iso or cso. It should work i'v done it many times.

4. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Find the .001 file and extract from there

5. bfreeman

bfreeman Member

alright just to make sure, I use winrar to merge all of the seperate parts together into one iso?

6. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Yes like others have posted you just extract the one file and winrar will merge/re-join all the files to have 1 complete iso.

edit: typos :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2007
  7. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

I've extracted a file called 1265.rar. It says its got an error :(

This is medal of honor: heroes 2 guys... I have a .rar file and a .r00 file. Any ideas?

EDIT: It says.

! C:\Documents and Settings\[[USERNAME]]\Desktop\medal of honor.rar: CRC failed in 1265 - Medal of Honor - Heroes 2 (U).iso. The file is corrupt
    ! C:\Documents and Settings\[[USERNAME]]\Desktop\medal of honor.rar: Unexpected end of archive

What does that mean?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  8. binkie7

It's looks like you're missing some files i.e. like say .r01,.r02 etc needed to complete the whole iso.

9. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

Is that the only possible answer to my question? There was only 2 links available there, so I'm now almost about to cry... It took me 3 hours to download the whole file... Any more help? Oh, and now the original site that I downloaded the ISO from has closed... I need some more help please :(

EDIT:

Thanks alot for answering my question, Binkie :).
    I've contacted the uploader of the ISO file and she/he said my file was cut off... Checked for the size of the .rar and it was around 80-90 MB from what it was suppose to be. Downloading a new .rar right now. Again, thanks alot :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  10. binkie7

Good deal - glad you're getting the rest of the file!
    Unexpected end of archive
    usually means part of the file is missing - so your better off getting the rest of it :)