1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO Rebuild Gone Wrong?!?!?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by FreeGamer, Apr 27, 2005.

1. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Ok I rebuilt MVP 2005 before I even tried it so it would have better loading times! Well I use the EASY rebuild guide (will show below) and I have used it for a bunch of games so far so I know I'm doing it right! Well when I put it in the PS2 with swap magic 3.3 it just stays black and makes clicking noises! I did it twice! I use good media! and burn at good speed! So then I reburnt it with just the full 4.1 gig or something like that and it works but it is just slow! What went wrong with rebuilding this game?? Is there something I can do to get the rebuilding to work? The steps I used to rebuild are below!!

Step 1.
    Decrypt the ps2 game to your hard drive using dvd decryptor.

Step 2.
    Open up Isobuster and load in the image file.

Step 3.
    Hold shift and highlight all the game files and put them in a folder.

Step 4.
    Open up Nero burning rom and create a new UDF/ISO dvd (It's the last one in the list). Drop all the game files into Nero in the same order as it is listed in Isobuster. Just keep Isobuster open as a reference when you do this. Nero will change the order of the files graphically, however they burn in the order that you dropped them in.

Step 5.
    Name the image and burn it at 4x.

Step 6.
    Presto, you've rebuilt and burned a PS2 game. Play it.

2. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Any help?!? Please I don't know if there is somethign special in this so it can't be EASY rebuilt or what?!?! Cuz i've rebuilt all my games that way

3. darkness_

darkness_ Member

yeah, I would like to know as well. MVP 2005 was my first attempt at backing up a PS2 game, and I have yet to get it to work.

I'm a hopeless noob, so anyone who could break it down for me would be much appreciated.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

When you open it in ISO Buster, do you see any files names GARBAGE or DUMMY?
    If so these need to be replaced.

5. crewzin

crewzin Guest

How do u replace these??

6. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Very simple, i've done it lots o times and love it!.

1. Open notepad and press spacebar once,
    2. Now go file>saveas and select the file to replace whatever file.
    3. Then this file should be only 1byte in size, this should have a positive improvment with reading the game(s) that have dummies cause

With MohEuropean assualt i rebuilt, i found it had a massive 1.4GB file which i replaced, and made a huge difference!. And if u happen to burn any game without replacing em, it usualy gives da laser a ruff time.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2005