1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO shrinking help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by TupacFan, Mar 31, 2007.

1. TupacFan

TupacFan Member

I would like to shrink a few of my ISO's by removing the videos and maybe the sound. Im not sure where to locate these files so where i usually look is in PSP_GAME/USRDIR/some random folder? then i dummy files by right clicking and selecting "dummy" using UMDGEN v4.00. Then i would save it as a .cso and put it on my memory stick. When i try i play the game it either doesn't show up or goes to the black screen of death. Games that i have tried have been The Warriors, Ratchet and Clank, NFS Carbon, Monster Hunter Freedom and a few others. I have tryed some ripkits but hey wont work because these iso's are downloaded and have already been tampered with.

So if anyone can explain to me how to remove the videos and sound to shrink my games it would be appreciated. And also i would like to know what relinking does and means?

2. jarrod40

jarrod40 Regular member

maybe its the videos you deleted,i would think you might need to 'replace' the videos with a smaller one rather than delete them all. but i dont use umd gen that much

3. TupacFan

TupacFan Member

so how do i replace videos with smaller ones? and what type of file are they cause I see file types like PRX, PPF, BDD and other ones.

Edit: and what program should i use to shrink ISO's?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  4. staxx

staxx Regular member

You should try googling for your information...To me it seems like all you did was download a program that someone suggested without the details or knowledge on how to use it.

5. jarrod40

jarrod40 Regular member

you could try taking the EA logo or what ever logo it plays at the start

6. TupacFan

TupacFan Member

ok i will try and use the ea logo for every video but the only problem is, i dont know which file that is.