1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.ISO

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by james2411, Apr 14, 2005.

1. james2411

james2411 Member

i still havent had any joy with this so i will try and explain a little better.... i have x3 xbox .ISO files that i would like to put pon to 1 disk, they are all part of the same game so i persume i need them to run on from one another. i know that craxtion will make a multi game disk but will what do i need to make a single game disk with x3 different .ISO files? pls hlp as im getting lost am cant find any answers!!!

thanks ppl

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

Ok, so you have three iso files that make up one game? Where they on a cd or something?

Anyway, just get any xiso extractor (craxtion, qwix etc) extract the three iso's to one new folder, and add the files to their correct location. E.g. if you have an audio folder in the first iso, move the audio files from the other two iso's into this folder, then delete the empty audio file from the new folder, continue this for all the subfolders and the third iso.

The only problem i can see you having is when you extratc the iso into the same folder it may want ot overwrite the current folders. (eg already exists - want to replace? etc) if this happens just extract the three iso's to different locations then rebuild them.

once you have all the files in the write place, create an iso from the new data you have compiled, burn it, and hopefully it works.

3. james2411

james2411 Member

thank you very much for the reply, you are the only person to have explained what i wanted to know. im gonna give this a try today sometime. thanks

4. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Not sure if that can be done like that Clarky. What about the three default.xbe's for the three games? ISO_1's xbe points to files on ISO_1's disc, same for ISO_2,and 3. Moving music/video and whatever else into ISO_1's directory structure sounds simple enough to work, but I think you need to make a default.xbe that will point to the other files for ISO_2 & 3. Only way I think it would work is if the other 2 ISO do not have default xbe's, but not sure. Let us know what happens James, i'm curious.

ps.. i'd try it from the HDD first, you might waste a few DVDs before you get it working.

Just my $.02

5. clarky

clarky Regular member

Yeah i wasn't too sure myself, never heard of having a single game over three iso's before. Not sure how much chance there is of it working in the end, but at least he has something to keep him busy now...

6. BR7

BR7 Regular member

lol, and busy he will be..

Hey James, what game is it anyways?