1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by pleb21, Jun 29, 2007.

1. pleb21

pleb21 Member

Im on v3.40 OE

Finally managed to get an ISO from my FF9 Ps1 disc...took me ages to find the right program im useless!!

Anyway i copied my ISO to the ISO folder which is G:/ISO (the one that is made when you format your memory sticl) its saved as NEW.ISO.

However when i go to game/memory stick it says no games are present?! do i need a program to load ISOs?

ive tried using 3.40 kernel and 1.5kernel, both no luck, ive treid disabling UMD and using an UMD. What do i do?

Please help :D thanks!

2. pleb21

pleb21 Member

i read another thread and it sed psx isos have to be converted to boot.pbps or summit? is he right or will it jsut work as an iso?

3. pleb21

pleb21 Member

tried again with another iso. Saved it in the iso folder, took out my UMD, enabled UMD no disc, still no luck.

Tried both 3.40 and 1.50 kernel. I cant beleive how flipping tiring all this is...u wud think it wud be easy but i seem to hit every problem on this forum! and once i get past 1 problem i hit a different one!

Any1 offer any help? why cant i load the games? ive tried formating the memory stick and trying again!

4. pleb21

pleb21 Member

tried a 3rd iso...once again no luck.

ALl this homebrew is so depressing >.< took me a week to find sum1 to trade my v3.30 with sum1 with v2.81 because you couldnt downgrade! Had to pay him money to swap and then coudlnt find a copy of unpatched liberty cities, found it a week later and had to dish out sum more money for it, then i find out that they made a v3.50 downgrader - (well done noobz)! Then i managage to downgrade, and i stay up all last night working out how to copy images from my PS1 games but kept giving me these strange file names and then i finally manage to convert them into ISOs!! and then now they wont load...

im gonna give up soon this is so depressing :(

5. pleb21

pleb21 Member

right...im gonna have a break from all this stress >.< staring at this comptuer screen for the last 7 hours trying to work out thiss tupid PSP homebrew >.< please reply and i'll be back in an hour..gonan have a nap..i think ive gone insane!

6. Riorio99

Riorio99 Regular member

You need to compress them using a program called ICETEA. I can't remember where to get it from so use google. This changes them to Eboots. Once you've done that put them in the GAME folder and they should work fine.

7. pleb21

pleb21 Member

move both the .iso and the eboot?

im using Icetea v1.0 but how am i suppose to know GAME ID (SLES - 0394) if i dont have he actual ps1 game for 1 of my isos? Also ice tea requires the .img file to make the eboot. i only have the .iso!

8. pleb21

pleb21 Member

why has no1 made a full walkthrough for homebrew? ive seen walkthroughs but there all in parts for different things? sum1 should make a complete walkthrough so idiots like me can follow it!

9. pleb21

pleb21 Member

thanks for the reply but you werent specific enuf at all >.<

I downlaoded ice tea v1. Used the .img file of Final Fantasy Tactics and made a eboot. file hwoever i didnt no the GAME ID code so i just put a random 1 in.

You didnt tell me where to put the files, u sed put them in GAME file? does this mean eboot or the ISO - u gota be more specific please!

Thanks again

10. Riorio99

Riorio99 Regular member

I don't think the Game ID matters a whole lot, and you need to put the Eboot in a file in the GAME folder. so create a folder called Final fantasy Tactics, put you Eboot in there, and put that in to the GAME Folder. I think there is an option on ICETEA to convert ISO's but I'm not sure.