1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isobuster - Shadow of Rome (Modchip)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by robertray, Mar 16, 2005.

1. robertray

robertray Guest

Guys, i got a situation with Isobuster!

I created an iso with dvd-decrypter,(is that normal that decrypter creates 3 files?), than i tried to extract the iso with isobuster! But at 91% isobuster comes up with the following error: Sector 2097151 couldn´t be read, Error 05/63/00!
    is there a fault on the dvd?? with both of the rom-drives the same situation!

why can´t i just copy the original files from the game to the hd with the copy-function?? (without the dvd-decrypter) i tried that and all the files have the same size! why do i have to read it in with dvd-decrypter if the copy-function could work??

Thanks for your help guys!

2. kian3010

kian3010 Guest

Hi,
    I have a modchip as well and backed up Shadow of rome with nero perfectly. Give it a try instead of usingisobuster and decrypter

3. robertray

robertray Guest

hi,

how did u do it man??
    i tried it as well. i copied the files from the original game just with the copy-function, deleted the dummy-file and replaced it with a notepad-dummy file! then i created a dvd-iso project with nero and sorted the files like they were on the original game!
    but it did´nt work!
    i don´t know what i´m doing wrong!

i believe the reason that we are doing this whole thing is to get a rid of the dummy-file and replace it! i did that, still doesn´t work!

4. kian3010

kian3010 Guest

Well i didnt remove any files, i just done a straight copy with nero and bingo it worked. Try nero express to back it up.

5. robertray

robertray Guest

r u kidding me??
    everybody is talking about how to get the game running and you made a straight copy and it worked??? LUCKY YOU!
    I tried that in the first place pal, but it didn´t work for me!

6. kian3010

kian3010 Guest

Hiya,
    If you want a copy of my backup just pm me and c what i can do.

7. reel1936

reel1936 Member

Hey!

I did a backup using Nero without any problems.

I didn't even used DVD decrypter to make the image, just a disc copy from Nero.

Works perfectly.

8. robertray

robertray Guest

what kind of modchip do you use??
    i use MATRIX MXL2!
    is the modchip the problem??

9. reel1936

reel1936 Member

I have a V10. I'm not sure about your modchip.

I didn't downloaded the iso from the net - maybe you have a corrupted iso? All I did is renting the game, made a DISC TO DISC copy using NERO.

Try this! Do not make a project/image/etc... just a straight copy. Nero will create the image itself and burn it on the blank media.

I Had no problems to back-up any single layer PS2 games. (mercenaries, tekken 5 etc..)

Hope you can find a way around!
    Using: Pioneer DVD-RW 108 with Memorex DVD-R

10. robertray

robertray Guest

thanks for the advise man, but i tried that in the first place! made a straight copy with pinnacle instant copy, like i do all the time with my backups, but this time it did´nt work!
    Same results with nero, just won´t start!

11. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

Have you played the original much, because i got that with Mercenaries and part way through the game it just froze at the same point in the game everytime. Disc Scratch :-@ Thatll teach me to back-up as soon as i open the case :p

12. reel1936

reel1936 Member

Hi dude2099! To be honest, I used gamefly and it was shipped to me a few days after the game came out. The dvd was in great condition with a few scratches.

Dunno why, I had hard times to do a backup from another backup source, probably the media quality. DVD may burn or not but I would see slow downs etc... I would recommend to backup always from a good original.

Never had any problems with a backup from an original. (except double layer of course).