1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO's not running on PSP fat 3.80 M33-2

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Angelusz, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Angelusz

Angelusz Member

Hey again!

Before everyone gets angry that I posted this whilst another thread was recently answered to, with a problem that seems similar, hear me out.

I've recently upgraded my PSP fat from 3.10OE-A to 3.80 M33-2.

Most things work just fine, but I ran into one little problem. Some of the ISO's that used to work on 3.10OE-A won't run on 3.80 M33-2 anymore! Now this is a problem to me because one of these games was my favourite (Dragonball Z Shin Budokai ^^).

Also, I've ripped some UMD's I've got, to use them as ISO's instead (using the M33 UMD USB). These won't run either. The same problem occurs, the loadscreen works, but from there my PSP locks up and shuts down. Any solutions? Perhaps an addon I can install? I've tried setting CPU speed to 333mhz, but no avail. Thank in advance!

~ Angelusz

EDIT: Update
    Some other game titles that wouldn't run:
    Aliens vs predators - Requiem
    The simpsons game

GTA Liberty City Stories didn't work either, but after re-ripping the UMD, this one does work. Going to do the same with NFS Most wanted, but I don't have the UMD's for the other games.

EDIT2: Update
    Need for speed most wanted - Works now too, without re-ripping...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  2. jemrylie

jemrylie Member

Maybe the problem just in your ISO/CSO. The ISO/CSO damage. My phat psp 3.80 M33-2 works fine with all ISO game.

3. Angelusz

Angelusz Member

Well, the thing I emphasized in my initial post is that the ISO did work on 3.10OE-A ... all the other ISO's are downloaded from Torrentleech.org, by chance I found out that Sicdude visits the same torrentsite. I can assure you, that's quality stuff.

Even so, I can try if it's the problem. Who can point me to a torrent/download for dragon ball Z shin budokai? If a new one does work, I somehow corrupted my own.

4. jemrylie

jemrylie Member

I mean.. maybe it damage during copying ISO to your PSP. Sometimes it happen by accident.(lol it happens to me in rare chance).

5. Xan21

Xan21 Regular member

Did u try a different type of emulation in t he recovery menu? Go to options --> UMD Mode and change the type. I like to use Sony NP9660 -NO UMD-

6. jemrylie

jemrylie Member

Yes, Sony NP9660 is the best I thought.

7. Angelusz

Angelusz Member

Yes, I have tried all of those settings for the game Dragonball Z shin Budokai. I have not had the chance to test the other games with other ISO modes. I will soon.

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Backup your Memory Stick to PC.

Then format the memory Stick via System Settings. Now drag all content back to the newly formated memory Stick.

This seems to have cleared up allot of the issues that users have had going to 3.80 M33/M33-2.

Also go HERE and follow these steps to see if they help with getting them playing again.

If you still have issues try reinstalling the custom firmware. Go HERE to make a Pandora Battery + Magic memory Stick to reinstall 3.71 M33-2 then update back to 3.80 M33-2.

3.80 M33-3 is also released which you can either update via NetworkUpdate on the PSP or download from HERE.

9. Angelusz

Angelusz Member

Hey Larrylje,

Thanks for your reply, very helpful! I'm going to try all the steps you've given me. Two I've already eliminated:
    - Short ISO name doesn't change it
    - I've got a "fake" Memory stick pro duo, it seems. For it sais "Unknown" at magic gate support. I'm ording a new one from the store today though, can sticks from the store be fake?

Also, I'm going to upgrade to 3.80 M33-4 - I just saw that got released.
    Finally, I didn't need pandora etc. for my psp to upgrade to 3.80 M33, it's an old one. Would I need it if I'd choose to downgrade again?

I'll post again when I know more, thanks again so far!

EDIT: Update

Bah, still no avail
    - Updated to 3.80 M33-4
    - Formatted Memory stick
    - Checked settings in recovery mode, ISO mode was the sony one and everything in advanced turned off
    - ISO isn't hidden or read-only

Only thing left is the fake memory stick, but can that cause ISO's that did work on 3.10OE-A to fail on the current CFW? I find that a bit hard to believe. Another thing I'd like to try is to find another ISO of the same game. Can anyone point me, or upload it for me? (I can supply an FTP) Thanks!

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Allot of the fake sticks seem to be effected more on M33 custom firmware. This has been discussed before. So it very well can be the fake Memory Stick that is causing the issue.

But while you wait you can always use the guide I provided above to reinstall 3.71 M33-2 then update back to 3.80 M33-4 in case it is a firmware instillation issue.

11. Angelusz

Angelusz Member

Well, I don't have a pandora battery nor magic stick, since I have a fairly old PSP, I didn't need them to install 3.80 M33 in the first place. And as I find out now, it seems that the DBZ Shin Budokai is the only game that doesn't work on M33 xD I've gotten all the other games working so far... Too bad it has to be one of my favourites. Hence, I'm thinking it might be the ISO after all. Who can point me to a good psp iso torrent site? My normal torrentsite (torrentleech) doesn't have it atm.

12. shummyr

shummyr Regular member

"Cough" pspiso.com "Cough"
    Hope this Helps

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

blackcats-games.net has it but I have no idea if they are taking new sign-ups.

14. Angelusz

Angelusz Member

Whoa @ pspiso.com - Gonna download a few there, see how it goes. Thanks!!