1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISO's on my computer and I got a quick question...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by TripKid, Dec 7, 2004.

1. TripKid

TripKid Guest

I am going to be getting an xbox for xmas which will be modded and all the software needed to do whatever I need. I don't know much about backing up game yet, but I will know more once I get the xbox. I have been downloading games in the correct format (NTSC) from random places and now have about 6 groups of RAR files that I have opened and they all contain 1 iso file. I am running out of space on my computer so I was wondering what the best thing I should do?

Should I burn the images files with Nero and then delete them from my computer? Is there any way to check to see if they might work without the xbox?

If I do burn them, will the disk play in the modded xbox?

How would I get that image to the hard drive once I get the xbox? Do i need to ftp and covert the game just like an original game?

or should I just back up the ISO to a dvd as a regular DVD so I can just put the file back on my computer to transfer it over.

Thanks!

-TripKid

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

If your xbox came with a big hdd, then upload it to your xbox.

If you want to play it on a disc, find a DVD-R/RW that is compatible with your xbox. Every xbox is different, and the drives are different, so you have to keep searchign until it likes the media you burned the iso on.

3. TripKid

TripKid Guest

My problem right now is that I do not have an xbox yet. I am getting it for Xmas. I wanted to somehow put these games on a dvd to because I have run out of room on my pc. I was trying to think of a way to back them up so I can get rid of them off my computer for the time being.

Can I burn the ISO's as a data dvd? and then copy the iso image back over to my computer to then ftp it to my xbox (when I get the xbox)? Or will burning the ISO's to a data dvd mess up the file?

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You need to just burn it onto a DVD-R. It's not that complicated. Just open Nero or DVD Decrypter and open the iso and burn at like 1-4x.

5. TripKid

TripKid Guest

I was going to try that but you mentioned not all dvd media works on all the xbox's.

Sorry, I have one last question:
    Once I burn the ISO as an image file to a dvd and delete the ISO on my computer, how will I get it to my Xbox hard drive? Do you have to go through all those steps as if for example I rented a game from blockbuster?

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

If you want to get the game to your xbox, then don't make it an iso at all. Just FTP the game folder to your xbox in your E: drive or F: drive.

7. TripKid

TripKid Guest

The ISO files I have were download from the internet. Thats why I have ISO files.

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Then EXTRACT the files from the ISO using Isobuster or Qwix.

9. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

i would just say go ahead and burn the games. i have tried all sorts of cheap media for the xbox and they all work and i got my xbox last christmas. the ps2 is picky about what type of media. so just go out to best buy and buy the cheapest media they have. i would recommend only buying dvd-r.

10. TripKid

TripKid Guest

Why DVD-R?

11. SFisher21

SFisher21 Regular member

THOSE ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT WORK FOR ME ON MY XBOX. I ACCIDENTILY BOUGHT DVD+R THE FIRST TIME I WAS DOING ALL THIS BACKING UP. LOOK AROUND HERE AND SEE WHAT PEOPLE SAY WHETHER -R OR +R MATTERS FOR THE XBOX.

12. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Because DVD-R media tend to be the most compatible media with all xbox dvd rom drives.