1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ISOs working while CSOs don't on 3.03OE-A?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by afterdud, Nov 25, 2007.

1. afterdud

afterdud Member

I recently purchased a used PSP modded with 3.03OE-A firmware.

While experimenting I have noticed that this version of firmware will load ISOs just fine but when I try to load a CSO I get:

"The game could not be started (80020148)"

Is this happening because OE-A cannot load CSOs?

Also, I would like to "upgrade to 3.52 or 3.71 (from 3.03OE-A). I have searched the forum and come up short trying to find a guide to upgrade from OE-A. Is it worth upgrading? If so, can someone provide a like to do so.

Thanks ...

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Yes it is worth updating.

Go HERE to update to 3.52 M33-4

Then go HERE to update to 3.71 M33-2 (you need to update to 3.52 M33-4 before updating to 3.71 M33-2).

After you have updated to 3.71 M33-3 go HERE and download the 3.71 M33-3 update and drag the update folder to the /PSP/GAME folder and run it. You will now be at 3.71 M33-3.

After your finished format your memory Stick so the newer directories are created.

Then go HERE to get your ISO/CSO files working properly.

3. afterdud

afterdud Member

Larry,

Thanks for replying to my thread request. I will attempt this and report back. You are a big help.

BTW, I think you (and others) should get a medal for helping the person in this thread:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/590016

I especially liked this response to one of the OPs MANY questions:

"Oh God!"