1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

issue at layer break at 2133520 Burns crash

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by 1015, Oct 20, 2015.

1. 1015

1015 Member

Hi, first off I'm using a Liteon IHAS 124 (F - revision) drive....my PC is all up to speed. I have two game ISO's - 1. Scream Ride & 2. Nike Train USA...both are like 8.5g....I use burnermax payload 0.15
    and Imgburn...I don't use expensive verbatims I use philips or TDK or Optimum..I never have any issues with coasters or games not playing until i ran into these oversized files....

I have the imgburn settings as I've read. buffer at 512, opc enabled, burn proof disabled, advance setting as recommended..test burns with 3 different types of media all complete successful...then when I do the actual burn it fails each time right at the layer break 2133520 (just over half way through the burn) both game .DVD files show the layer break the same 2133520....

I had it set to automatically chose the layer break & entered it manually to the same outcome...opc on or off doesn't matter...I have made about 15 coasters so far trying to figure this out...I have even tried an ASUS DRW 24B 1ST B drive, same results.....I think I didn't forget anything.....any ideas? would be greatly appreciated....oh yeah I have truncate selected in imgburn, I've tried with overburn selected too same results.. I have overburn selected now....I also ran both iso's through abgx first and they came out good to go.....

I have no issues burning the regular 6 to 7.5 g games I guess you call those XDG2 games...

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

'nuf said.

4. 1015

1015 Member

ok smart ass! I got verbatims coming in the mail wednesday so you'll be the FIRST to know if it worked..maybe you should read my entire post. I've used other discs for many many burns with no issues.....is it necessary to be an a**hole? I thought this is a place to come for help and advice from friendly fellow gamers?
    leave it to after dawn to attract you neanderthals! I'll go eslewhere and talk to folks a little higher up the food chain............

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Same question time & time again,always the same answer which appears you already know.Need better quality discs for "OVERBURNING".

here's the short version :

("I don't use expensive verbatims I use philips or TDK or Optimum..")

nuf said

edit:xgd2 are more forgiving
    better to edit your post me thinks

6. 1015

1015 Member

I'll just post my verbatim test results tomorrow - good or bad! if it fails too, I'll post the Imgburn log file as proof - DON'T WORRY!... thx for all your friendly and informative support....

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Specifically no ! however your issue appears to be related to quality of disc used,which is what we're alluding too

shite media = shitty dyes & bad blocks,can only assume your batch is stuffed.the log that attar was referring to will most likely have a line along the lines of "failed to write sector such n such" (sector refers to a bad block/s on the disc your attempting to burn).

Before burning with the verbs this tut should help & you won't need to truncate,read it carefully

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/tut-how-to-correctly-burn-xgd3-games.798973/

8. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Ok, just for you:
    1. You use cheap media.
    2. With an unstable burning method.
    3. And ask a question that has come up again and again, yet you are too lazy to use the search or too stubborn (or stupid) to accept the answer the search gives you. It's a sign of insanity to do the same thing over and over again and expect different results.
    4. And of course you fail to give any helpful information, like, for example, the imgburn log. And you call me a neandethal and an a**hole.

Quit bitching around and get decent media and maybe a decent burner.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  9. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Best to let sleeping dogs lie

10. richietea

richietea Regular member

Blatantly obvious its poor media and a underwhelming burner.An F revision Ihas? Didn't know there was such a thing ! The payload tool with or without ImgBurn is probably not compatible with your drive for burning 8.7gb. I'm under the impression its more burner than disc related but either are no good for xgd3.