1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with SHD-162C

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by RXV2300, Mar 7, 2007.

1. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

I have some issue but not sure if it's the Samsung SHD-162C with Keron hacked version or if it's the xbox creator or something else.

Samsung drive is not even a week old & not sure what the problem might be & don't know if anyone is having similar type of problem when using xbox creator to read original games.

Majority of time when I insert original xbox or 360 game in this drive for some reason start button on xbox creatir will not hi-lite.

I will see the little green light on the drive start to blink/flash once game disc in inserted & xbox creator does also see the drive because I can see it in the drop-dowwn window but start button will not go on which must go on in roder to start the reading process.

2. sourD

sourD Regular member

try using schtrom, along with a reboot and program reinstall

3. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Thank you, I have certianly tried reboot but no change, I cal try re-installing xbox creator (I'm using V. 2.4 which I believe is the most recent one)
    What do you mean by "try using schtrom" what is this?

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

its a ripper much like xbc, try to roll back to the old xbc, i never noticed a problem with it

5. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

You mean to go back to v. 2.3?
    That is what I was using few days ago until friend of mine told me that there is a new version 2.4 but it didn't seem to make any difference becuase I'm having same problem with both versions.

Is this a common problem or just me doing something wrong?
    After all, this is rather straight forward process, you don't need to be rocket scientist to work with this.
    Does it matter if I first insert disk in the drive than open xbc or vice versa or it doesn't matter what I do first. ( I personaly don't think if it should matter but you never know how hardwares/softwares act once the're hacked.....

6. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i would try it backwards then

7. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

You mean to go back to version 2.3
    If so, I had exact same problem with that one too.

How about inserting disk in drive then opening xbc or open xbc then insert disk in drive, should this matter?

8. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

maybe, not sure, dont remember, try it both ways

9. mattym123

mattym123 Regular member

Hi

schtrom is an all in one xbox/360 backup program program all u do is click the drive type u have,then select what type of image u want, then click where u want the image saved and then finally click extract, and when u have your 2 files u can burn then with ImgBurn,DVD Decrypter or clone cd or whatever. Here is a link about it

Here it is here

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  10. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Thank you, what can you say about problem I'm presently experiencing?

11. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Have you installed dot net fix 2.0 or above? You can get it right from windows.com.

12. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

No, I don't have that but I'll certainly try it when I get home later this evening. Do you think/believe this will or should fix my problem.

13. navsav

navsav Regular member

I am pretty sure you need to have this framework installed. I bet that will fix your problem.

14. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Am I suppose to be looking for "Microsoft .net framework 2.0" if so this I already have installed since a long time.
    Below someone said install "dot net fix 2.0 or above" so I'm not sure if this is the samething or something else.

15. nedepper

nedepper Member

I have reviewed all the threads
    i am having a hard time finding version 2.4. Can someone tell me where to download it
    Thanks

16. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Hello,

I'm still having issues when I open XBC 2.4 or 2.3
    Start will not hi-lite so I can click & start reading process.
    Whenever this happens I will need to restart/reboot pc then start will work (will hi-lite) otherwise no go.
    This doesn't make sense, why do I need to restart/reboot pc?
    I have even tried re-installing program but no difference.

17. fdc1970

fdc1970 Member

START will only highlight when you put a disc in your burner (if you are trying to write a 360 backup put a blank DVD+R DL in your drive and it will enable the start button. After you hit the start button you browse for the file to write.

18. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Thank you very much for your input, but I think I know that much that dvd must be in drive before start button is hi-lited.
    And also problem is when I try to read and not write.

19. yoclick

yoclick Member

Maybe it isnt loading? So you put the disc in and load up XBC or vice versa and you havent given it enough time to load? I know my discs take an age to load up. Thats the only reason I can see for why it would work upon a reboot (where disc is initially read) compared to just putting the disc in? So put the disc in for around 5minutes, then go back to XBC and see if its working.

Also ensure XBC is looking at the correct drive and not some virtual drive like mine was for a while lol.

BTW Framework and dot net is the same thing i believe. I also think the program doesnt even load if you dont have this installed so that is fine.

Have you tried cleaning the laser on the DVD-Drive, and reinstalling the IDE + Power conenctions round the back to ensure its all snug?

I know these are basics and you might have tried them all out but it sounds like an odd problem and you know, 9/10 times its just something simple!

20. yoclick

yoclick Member

Maybe it isnt loading? So you put the disc in and load up XBC or vice versa and you havent given it enough time to load? I know my discs take an age to load up. Thats the only reason I can see for why it would work upon a reboot (where disc is initially read) compared to just putting the disc in? So put the disc in for around 5minutes, then go back to XBC and see if its working.

Also ensure XBC is looking at the correct drive and not some virtual drive like mine was for a while lol.

BTW Framework and dot net is the same thing i believe. I also think the program doesnt even load if you dont have this installed so that is fine.

Have you tried cleaning the laser on the DVD-Drive, and reinstalling the IDE + Power conenctions round the back to ensure its all snug?

I know these are basics and you might have tried them all out but it sounds like an odd problem and you know, 9/10 times its just something simple!