1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues burning two dvds to one Dual Layer

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by 1to3, Jun 3, 2007.

1. 1to3

1to3 Member

I'm trying to combine two single layer dvds (wedding dvds)onto one Dual layer. The two I'm trying to combine play fine in a regular dvd player. I used dvd shrink to extract the files from both dvds. I then re-authored the files, and placed part one(main movie title 1) of the wedding first, and part two(main move title 1) of the wedding second. The second part becomes title 1(2)under the Dvd structure. I then press backup and save the files to the specified folder. The file size comes to about 7.3 Gigs

After dvd shrink finishes, I test the movie files with my Dvd program "Power Dvd". Everything appears to look fine, both movies play in proper order as one big movie.

I then use Nero to burn the movie as a dual Layer and I get a successful burn according to Nero.

Then I play the movie (on the computer, or a dvd player), and only the second part plays, the first part doesn't exist. Funny part is, the dvd looks to have the entire 7+ Gigs.

The movies both have title screens on them, thats why I figured the re-authoring would work. I've placed two movies together by re-authoring on one dvd before with success (ex. Saw 1 & 2).

Is there an alternative, free way to combine both dvds other than the way I described, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

2. gamename

gamename Regular member

well, ive never tried that before. after u get files ripped to hdd, try using nero vision express. be sure to select dvd9 at the bottom.

3. 1to3

1to3 Member

Just updating, Im using Nero express, and the setting is set at Dvd9...I've had a few too many coasters in the last few hours...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

5. 1to3

1to3 Member

I'm gonna try Nero Recode, thanks for the suggestions

6. kev2611

kev2611 Member

i did the same but created a iso with shrink and used img burn to put onto disc. worked fine.

7. 1to3

1to3 Member

I finally got everything to burn correctly.
    I tried using Nero Recode, but that didnt work either. I then tried using the trial version of Nero 7(with my original dvd shrink files)...and that did the trick...
    2 perfect dvds burned...no coasters
    Any ideas why 6 didnt work but 7 did?? Doesn't really make sense to me...since 6 worked before with other movies.

Thanks again for all the help...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007