1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

issues reading outer edge of PS2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by schnoo, May 12, 2007.

1. schnoo

schnoo Member

slim tool B

i am having issue with my homemade version of slim tool B. do you guys know if this is area of the PS2 is what determines where the laser is able to read on the DVD? i can play most games fine, but the laser struggles towards the OUTER edge of the DVD and i think this is my problem... i dont own slim tool B but made my own...

any suggestions with my problem? thanks!

2. schnoo

schnoo Member

to reiterate, i am not having issues with "Slim tool B" but rather the area that slim tool B is supposed to push to the right. (the grey tab)

3. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

You could actually omit using Tool B altogether, and it'll still work fine. Try playing without the Tool B in case and see how it goes. My v15 slim PS2 only has two of the 3 sensors blocked at the moment and plays my games fine enough besides the very noticeable overheating issues after an hour or two of play.

Edit: What DVD media brand are you using? You might be better off using top-tier, first class brands depending on what PS2 you have and what media you are currently using.

Last edited: May 15, 2007