1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues using DVDShrink through my external hard drive

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Syve, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Syve

Syve Member

I have been using DVDFab, DVDShrink, and ImgBurn for awhile now for my DVD collection. I recently bought an bigger external hard drive to hold my media but along with it came a problem with DVDShrink. My external hard drive is a Western Digital Elements 3TB.

To save space on my computer's hard drive, I began sending the audio_ts and video_ts folders straight to my external hard drive. From there, I assumed I could just load them to DVDShrink like I had in the past, but they wouldn't load. It just shows the audio_ts and video_ts folders with no contents and won't load the movie. What is strange though, I tried copying the folders from my external hard drive back to my documents and DVDShrink would then load the movie and allow me to reauthor it.

My question is, what is causing my external hard drive to prevent DVDShrink from recognizing the folders? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. Syve

Syve Member

I don't have a problem ripping the DVDs though. I have used and continue to use DVDFab for ripping the DVDs. The problem I've encountered recently is when I send the audio_ts and video_ts folders to my external hard drive. It's only then that DVDShrink won't recognize movie when I try to reauthor them. I click the movie folder that is in my external hard drive and it won't load in DVDShrink like it normally does. It just shows the audio_ts and video_ts folders as empty.

4. Tracywa

Tracywa Guest

have u tried another external hard drive?