1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with Magic Swapdisk.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by basilxiii, Mar 27, 2007.

1. basilxiii

basilxiii Member

I only recently purchased Magic Swapdisk 3.8, and i still haven't gotten it to work correctly.

Anyway, i was beginning to wonder whether it's my installation of the 'pieces' into my v14 Slim PS2, which i'm assuming i've done correctly, or whether i copied the disks incorrectly, I followed a picture guide from this site, so i assume i did that correctly. And then theres the disk type, I'm using verbatim 8x DVD-Rs as someone suggested(burned at 4x; tried with different games, and with Alcohol 120%, Nero, and DVDecryptor), but okay, here's what happens when i run it:

Disk loads up(the swapdisk), i put my disk in, select NTSC(Yes, its an NTSC disk), but then it black screens, goes to the PS2 'select hardware' screen, you know, where you'd usually pick a memory card or a disk. and says No Data, followed by 'insert a PS2 or PS1 disk, blah blah'

wondering if you guys could tell me which part of the process i'm most likely doing wrong ;3

Thanks

2. neptune

neptune Regular member

you dont have to select ntsc . just leave it at normal

2nd how did you mod your ps2 with the magic keys ?

easy way to do this is open up your ps2 tape the back sensor down put the cover back on.then put tissue paper in the front sensor with a piece of tape over that aswell

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  3. basilxiii

basilxiii Member

Okay, well i'll try with default though i doubt it makes a difference, as default is NTSC :/

And i don't need to open it up like that, but i think i will just to ensure it's done right.

Came with pieces that don't need to be inserted into the PS2s guts, all done from the disk. Yes, theres 3 pieces, the piece that would usually require opening the ps2 is a slim metal coil type thing. slips right in, of course i've no way of knowing if its done right...or what. so i may just open 'er up and tinker with it myself. thanks.

4. neptune

neptune Regular member

its worth a shot

5. basilxiii

basilxiii Member

But i'd atleast like a confirmation that that display does occur if the 'disk check switches' aren't depressed correctly. :/ and not that i burn wrong, etc ;3 as i'd rather not butcher my ps2 unless necessary

6. basilxiii

basilxiii Member

Oh and, my disk does spin before the disk lid is completely put down, but not when it's all the way up. if that helps.

7. neptune

neptune Regular member

because the back or front sensor is not down

8. basilxiii

basilxiii Member

:) Did as you said, the Tape and tissue method. Works now :D thanks a million.

9. neptune

neptune Regular member

a cheap modification :)