1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

issues with Memorex DVD-R 4x media and Pioneer DVR-106D Drive

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by oumassara, Feb 23, 2004.

1. oumassara

oumassara Member

I just recently got a good deal on a spindle of memorex -r 4x's and am having some diffuculties. When I open Nero, it doesn't even recognize that I have a blank in the drive (Pioneer DVR-106D External). I never once had a problem w/ the TDK DVD-R's I did use, so I don't know what to think. Is it the drive? The media? Both? Is there anything I can do?? Thanks!

2. Horizon1

Horizon1 Member

memorex dvd-r in my experience have been not too great. They are usually made by CMC and are usually medium to low quality. Experiences differ, but i had several coasters made cuz of write errors....while on the other hand, memorex dvd+r that i have are perfect in 300 discs made which are made by RICOHJPN, which is considered good quality media.

i would try a different media, or upgrade firmware on your drive if you haven't already done so.

3. oumassara

oumassara Member

thanks... i decided to pay the little extra and stick with TDK, what had been working... the thing that really bothered me though, is its not like I'm making coasters. The blanks arent even being recognized in the first place to attempt to burn! Thanks for you help though.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What price are the TDK's in relation to a RiDATA disc?

5. oumassara

oumassara Member

sometimes Best Buy has the TDK DVD-R 2x 25spindles for $29... cheapest I've found now is $140 for 100. Seems like Best Buy went from selling TDK cheap to selling Memorex cheap... reflects the products from my experience.