1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with my PS2 Backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by xXAaronXx, Dec 19, 2004.

1. xXAaronXx

xXAaronXx Member

Hi, I have been trying to backup some of my games for quite a long time now and have had 0 of them come out very close to perfect.

I have backed up at least 20 of my games now and have encountered problems such as:
    Skipping
    Rooms not loading (Spyro is the leader for this)
    Many sound skips
    Movement Freezing/Sound Still Plays Tho (Crash Twinsanity)
    And some other issues as well

I Got a new DVD +/- 16x rewriter today, but up to this point have been using my Hypermedia 8x DVD + Rewriter.

I use DVD Decrypter and burn at 1x In hopes of best outcome

I burn to Ridata 4x DVD+R Discs

Does anyone know anything I should try different? Discs? Or should my new drive fix the problems?

Please let me know what you think, and please let me know what kind of disc and drives you have had success with.

2. hursty

hursty Active member

most people i know use dvd-r.

3. teggy

teggy Regular member

It doesn't matter about the discs(in most cases). As you say you have backed up 20 games, I am assuming you used DVD+R's aswell. If your PS2 reads them then fine they work for you(PS2 V1-6 Have trouble with them, V7+ have no trouble reading +R's).

Anyways, the games are not listed(that you mentioned) on swapmagicfix. It could be the discs, but as I said, DVD+R's were used for your previous 20 backup's so they should be fine. So either get DVDloader or try as Hursty mentioned DVD-R.

Also, check www.swapmagicfix.com when you want to backup a game. It will list the fixes for swapmagic(the games you mentioned are not listed).

NB: This post is under the assumption you are a swap magic user. In the future, please mention wether you are a Mod-Chip or swap magic user. People will be able give you better more detailed help if they know.

4. xXAaronXx

xXAaronXx Member

Yes, I am using swap magic. Not a single one of my games has ran completely as it should though, very few have played with just sound glitches. Almost every game I have burnt has had loading or skipping problems as I play. Every single one has had problems with talking and other sounds.

I have both a PS2 that is maybe a little over a year old and A new pstwo. They both have the same problems with all the games I have tried to back up. My swap magic isnt that old, it is the disc that is white and blue.