1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

issues with Ritek G04

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by behrad, Dec 15, 2004.

1. behrad

behrad Regular member

Hi all,
    I bought a 50pack of Ritek G04 from a wholesaler and have found out that they are all skipping when being played back on my set top player. I used DVDinfo pro and the media code is Ritek G04.
    My question is: Can this code be faked?
    Does Ritek sell unbranded media? If they dont, then I reckon thats where I was dupped!
    Also, does any one know of the brand MAXMAX?
    Are they any good?

Thanks in advance

2. tomripley

tomripley Member

All media codes can be faked. These days it also seems like they're all being faked...

It's also possible that your media isn't fake, but simply not very good. Maybe Ritek licensed the code to someone else, or maybe they decided some batch wasn't good enough to be sold under their own name and let someone else sell it instead.

I could go on about why I think people read way too much into media codes, but I suspect I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. For those who care, see my last post in this thread:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/134393

Basically, if you want Ritek media, buy it from one of their in-house brands (Ridata or Traxdata), as they're the only brands Ritek vouches for.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

My last batch of RiDATA G04 did the same thing despite being burned in the same burner and using the same methods I always have. I had to knock the write speed down to 2X to get good results.