1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with watching films over 1gig

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by ran2007, Aug 1, 2011.

1. ran2007

ran2007 Member

Hi, I have noticed an issue recently when trying to watch films on my two divx players that are over 1gig in size, after about 80 minutes the film just stops. It appears when films are under 1 gig they play fine.
    I use Nero to burn the files on to the disc.
    I had a warning message when the disc finished burning yesterday that advised I needed to change the file name of the file, I have yet to try that and see if it works, I was wondering if anyone had a solution
    Thanks

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

I had that problem a few months back on a philips dvd player.ive been splitting my files that are over 1 gb into 2files using avidemux.

3. ran2007

ran2007 Member

Hi, thanks for the reply/update. I actually used AVIDEMUX to do this the other night, it worked fine but as I am not that technically minded I couldn't understand why the DVD player played the film when split into two parts, on the computer it plays until the end. Do you have any ideas? Is it something I can correct, or do I have to buy a new DVD player to cope with the larger files?