1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It appears we may not be stuck on 3.55 CFW much longer

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by coorva, Sep 30, 2012.

1. coorva

coorva Regular member

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

seen that the other day, normally dont take to much notice but thats from a good trusted forum, ps3 scene has really started to kick off again, so f**k you tru blue

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

i find this whole thing funny... you still have to be on 3.55 to install this.... another thing i noticed they actually talk about using a dongle to operate this "Blue Disk dongle"... being able to do dex converts since the day all the info leaked... i would still prefer to do dex from 3.55 to 4.21dex sure you lose the movie play back... but there's also the 3.55dex that lets you play movies.... dex is still the best choice for now.... also there's that rebug 4.21 talk....

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Do you know if it will work on systems that come with 4.21 pre-installed on the system?

I actually got one of the new slims, the top loading disc tray one, and it has 4.21 installed. I was actually surprised, I thought it would have had 4.25 installed on it.

I'll be holding off updating until then..

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

there was never a problem with extracting a ps3 pup file or modding its contents... its the signing that's missing... each file inside is signed with the keys of the firm is updating to... so a pup from 4.25 will be signed with 4.25 keys the content inside will be encrypted with 4.25 keys.... in retrospect its pretty simple...

get 4.25 pup > extract > decrypt files(4.25 keys) > make changes > encrypt files(4.25 keys) > build CFW pup > install

and there's that update thing on the ps3 itself..... on 3.56 and up there's that thing that actually checked if the pup file is not tempered with... 1.00-3.55 didn't have that check... if they can fix that and get 4.xx keys then by all means CFW is around the corner lol