1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It is possible to make a DVD9+R backup for PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by undacova, Oct 8, 2004.

1. undacova

undacova Member

Hi,

Did anybody try to make a backup of a DVD9 game in a DVD9+R for PS2 ?

Can you tell me the DVD burner brand, the DVD9+R brand and the software used ... and if it works well ?

I notice that in France dans Germany there is only DVD9+R ... and no DVD9-R ... strange ???

thank you

2. Ludikhris

Ludikhris Guest

To put it simply, No. I have in all my time researching such things seen absolutly nothing covering this. DVD5s it is for now...

3. dud0r

dud0r Member

There are some people who backed up a copy of the guy game succesfully on the ps2ownz forums.
    i suggest trying there.

4. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

My understanding is that it works perfectly fine except that Metal Gear Solid 3 doesn't seem to work for some reason. There is one person here that has been working with this and suggests that you get a burner such as one of the pioneer models that will allow you to set the book type of the burned disc to "DVD-ROM" the PS2 will handle it better.

5. undacova

undacova Member

I have a NEC 2500A with a Hacked firmware which allow me to burn DVD9 ... but I don't know if it will work in the PS2 ...

More over DVD9-R doesn't exist yet ! and some people told me to never put DVD+R in my PS2 ... true ?

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Verbatim currently manufactures DVD+R DL media. If you have an older PS2 you might not be able to read +R media and therefore would also have a problem with burned dual-layer media. Version 1-4 PS2's seem to suffer from this problem the most. I honestly do not know if the hacked firmware for the ND-2500 will allow you to change the book type which seems to significant improve compatibility with PS2's.