1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It no longer works

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sdxtcdrm, Feb 12, 2005.

1. sdxtcdrm

sdxtcdrm Member

Ok...here is what happened....I was buring fine. They would work on my DVD player and on my laptop. Now i can't get the disks to work correctly on the DVD player. Im using Shrink, DVDD, and CloneDVD2. I recently had to reformat the HD and reload XP. I have updated the firmware, ASPI Layer, Disabled or removed progs that would affect the burner, read all the guides on how to setup shrink, DVDD, and CloneDVD2. I don't know what to do next.
    One thing i did notice though is that on the back of the disks that weren't working correctly was that......it looked as if it burned info then skipped some space then burned more info. I checked the disks that were working on the home dvd player and it was a complete burn without any skips.

Help would be greatly appreciated. I have made about 10 coasters and i finally went out and bought some DVD+rw so that i can work on this without wasting disks.

2. sdxtcdrm

sdxtcdrm Member

Just thought of some more info on the situation.

I have a AMD 1.8Ghz with 512k Mem and with 70G of free space. I have an Emprex 8x burner with updated Firmware. Running XP professional.

The burn times when the disks were copied correctly were about an hour from start to finish. Using Shrink then CloneDVD2.

Now that isn't working correctly, the process takes about 30 to 40 min tops.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  3. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

Make sure you use good quality media and burn no faster then 4x Speed. Their is plenty of giudes on waht media you should use in here!!

You might like to use AnyDVD as well, here is the link for you, Especially for the new DVD's that are out now!!

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

4. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

If you have AnyDVD running then all you need is CloneDVD2 to read and burn.

5. sdxtcdrm

sdxtcdrm Member

I tried using AnyDVD with cloneDVD2 as suggested.....didn't work. I don't know what to do.....its so completely frustrating.

6. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear sdxtcdrm,
    I share your frustration. I would suggest:
    1) make sure you pc is clean and healthy- e.g. defrag. and have a lot of memory.
    2) check your hardware, software, disc, and data (e.g use Nero's system info. tool)
    3) check if you can burn at all (e.g. you didn't mention Decrypter, why not give it a try?)
    4) do it one step at a time (e.g. first to HD, then to RW)
    5) check the integrity of your burner
    Good luck!

7. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

Sounds like your burner is crapping out, because that is usually the symptom of a burner dying, but you never know like the other guys said check every possibility before making a decision, but if I had to guess I would say its your burner.