1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its just for the staff of this site

Discussion in 'PS2' started by telescope, Apr 29, 2003.

1. telescope

telescope Regular member

Hi
    I am unable to receive any information or mails from this site regarding any post
    I hav subscribed to many but dont receive any mails about the posts
    Pleez look into the matter
    Thank u

2. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

I am having the same prob. Where is the staff? I was never able to check my PM. It always used to tell me to login first. This site is not maintained properly. Come on guys. This is a great forum. Keep it up. What is the webmaster doing. Laying eggs? I'm posting this prob twice. Still there is not response from anybody.

3. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

OK, hold your horses...

dRD (Da Boss) is actually away and staff is limited at the moment, regarding answers to specifics, but the site should still be running as usual. There are check boxes to receive notifications of the threads and even if this is checked sometimes your service provider can return the mail as spam. When this happens you could be removed from the newsletter database. Check your personal settings and make sure everything is OK, make sure the box is checked, then do some tests. Then come back to this thread and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Paul.

4. glassman

glassman Guest

Yeah, I hadn't got any e-mail notifications either for the past couple of days. Seems like the system was constipated and someone just fed it some Ex-lax!, because I just got a bunch of old, missing thread updates all right in a row.
    Thanx!

5. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, lol!

We fed it some horse laxative and it cleared right up. Thanks for the notification guys, it was a little blocked up there (3200 emails!)

Paul

:)

6. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

OK. Now I am recieving notifications. But I have another prob. I cannot view my private messages or even edit my personal settings. Well I click on private messages it says that I need to log in first. When I click on edit personal settings it either tells me some crazy message "Whoops there has been an error....Blah....Blah" or it tells me that the page cannot be displayed. I have never been able to edit my personal settings or view my mailbox

7. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

OK now I am able to edit my personal settings. But I am able to do it only through "afterdawn.com" not through the Playstation 2 discussion forum or "forums.afterdawn.com". Check it.

8. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

If there are any more problems please post here.

We know there are some problems with the forum (most likely because it is about to be updated to something new looking). But I will link this thread to the higher ups.

You might want to check your cookie settings in your web browser, if you have a firewall check those settings and if you have any pop up blocker type of program check that.

9. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I personally have received notifications today. As it was already said, we are slightly shorthanded at the moment. I have reported this issue to Ketola and I am sure he'll have look into it asap.

10. zamsak

zamsak Regular member

Hey Dex read this.

I had posted this prob earlier in a different thread. I did not get a single reply. Well I always keep the security and cookie setting to the lowest. I disabled my firewall and I still have the same problem. "You need to login first". I do not install junk like pop-up stoppers. Still I AM NOT ABLE TO VIEW MY PRIVATE MESSAGES.

Is the site being renovated or updated. Can't you remove useless threads? There are many threads unanswered. How about removing the useless ones??? There are just too many topics

11. Ketola

Ketola Fighting ninjas Staff Member