1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTunes freezes with scratched CD importing

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Karma50, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Karma50

Karma50 Member

I have been importing a bunch of CDs to itunes in OS X on a MacBook. But when itunes gets to a track it cannot read it will not give up. I have tried at different qualities with both AAC and ALAC encoding. I am pretty sure it is because of a scratch CD. When I try to manually copy over the .aiff track from the CD the finder will try for a while then give me a error -36 (probably what it should do with an unreadable file).

itunes will try forever with the disk spinning up then slowing down. If I click the X next to the import (Stop import button) itunes stops responding at all. My only option is to Force Quit. This works, I guess but is very annoying considering my CD collection has a number of scratched disks. Why doesn't it realize that it is not working and give up?

2. stmist

stmist Guest

I'm having the same exact problem. I'm tired of force quit on itunes. also I must relaunch finder in order to unfreeze the Rom drive. Does anyone know of a fix, or just a stop import command that can avoid all this?