1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTunes has rearranged my music folder again.

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by robvam, Feb 2, 2007.

1. robvam

robvam Member

I installed the new iTunes and i think i might of selected something in the preferances that i shouldn't have. Now all my compilations haver gone to a special folder called compilations and the artist names i had put on them have gone. Is there anyway i can reverse this?

2. AlmostOz

AlmostOz Member

it'll be a bit of a job now but im sure that your problem is that under info for the songs "part of a compilation" has been selected which makes itunes group the songs under the album instead of the artist,

thats the way i prefer it to be done as its neater, but each to their own

try one song first - right clik on the song and hit info and then go to the info tab, and uncheck part of a compilation,
    check it works and if it does then you can just ctrl - click them all and click info, say yes to changing multiple items, and uncheck part of a compilation.

hope that works
    almost oz

3. robvam

robvam Member

Thanks a million that did the trick. After i had done that i went to the preferences and selected organise itunes folder and it fixed all the files. I owe you one.