1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTunes not finding metadata

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by B1gDRock, Jan 6, 2014.

1. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

If I look in my music folder on my pc and sort by artist, I can see that in my entire library there are only 28 songs without any metadata. I can look at my library in another media player (MediaMonkey) and it too says I only have 28 songs without metadata. However, in iTunes, it says that I have 172 different songs without metadata. Every track is accounted for but for some reason it is not recognizing the id3 tags. Prior to wiping my harddrive, the exact same library had tags on every track in iTunes. I can deal with fixing 28, but not 172. Anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? I feel that the information is in the files somewhere, but for some reason my itunes isn't finding it. Help please!

2. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Hi there personally i have a tone of tracks like this and dont worry about it but I did a little digging for you and found the following page I hope it helps you.

Also I found this on the Apple support page as well

Hope it helps and keep us posted on how things go

3. B1gDRock

B1gDRock Regular member

Thanks for the response. I've decided to go through everything and re-clean up my library using media monkey. I just recently finished so hopefully when I transfer back to itunes it will work the second time. The problems with your suggestions is mainly that it only works for songs that were directly ripped from cd's on this same pc. Since only part of my library is like this, it leaves all the other tracks unchanged.

4. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Not a prob understand what you mean.
    I hope you get your music back up and running.