1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've given up!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by dimples42, Feb 5, 2005.

1. dimples42

dimples42 Guest

Recently started using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink burning with Nero at 8x - no problem. After number of CRC errors my burner now is reduced to 4x. I know why this has happened I'm just looking for a solution.

I've already looked in the device manager and it's still on DMA so thats okay.

I've been trawling this forum for days trying to find the registry solution, which I seem to remember. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2005
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

My solution is to stick with 4x burnning, you really dont want to burn over that speed while doing DVD backups.

3. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

Yeah burning at anything higher than 4x is gonne get you lower quality and compatibility with set top DVD Players. So you should stick to burning at 4x. Also I dont know what the registry solution is, but you are better off at 4x anyways.

4. dimples42

dimples42 Guest

Thanks guys, I did eventually find the registry solution but that didn't work either so I'll take your advice and stick to 4x.

5. bydasword

bydasword Guest

i agree.....just rough it out. stick with the 4x.

6. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

If you are talking about DVD Shrink under it's settings reducing the burn speed to 4x, that's usually dependent on which media you selected. When I use Sony media Shrink shows a maximum at 16x and when I use another brand, it adjusts it accordingly, say 8x or 4x.