1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ive got a bunch of HD questions

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by RocaThug, Mar 4, 2005.

1. RocaThug

RocaThug Member

hey im just expeimenting with my ps2 and ran out of space on my mem card so i decided to put a 20 gb hd in my ps2. i now know that you cant transfer saves to the hd. not that i know of at least. ok heres what ive got.

1)PS2 V. 7 i think
    2)compatible hd
    3)swap magic 3.3
    4)hd advanced v 1.0 (got it off line)

ok here are my questions.

1) what can i do with my hd
    2) can i put backup games on my hd with my slide card
    3) how do i use snes-Station and an nes emu on my ps2
    4) i just bought mvp baseball 05 and i tryed to back it up when i hit run it is just a blank black screen, how do i fix this.
    5) what are these sony tools and where do i get them
    6) im thinking about getting a mod chip and cold sodder it what is the diffrence in the mod chips and how long will my eye last with a mod chip??

i appreciate any time you take in answering these questions. thnxs

2. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

you can save games to hdd back ups and non backup and to fix that MVP05 problem highlight the game on the hdloader list and hit select and enable mode 3 have fun =)

3. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

That black blank screen sounds like the black screen of death, have you check the internet to see if that game is compaitble? i forgot the name of the website,, i will post it in a sec

4. Liez4Love

Liez4Love Regular member

5. williej

williej Regular member

As far as your 'black screen,' when you get to the HD Loader/Advance screen, hit 'Select' on the controller and enable mode 3. I got it to load on the first try.

As far as your other questions ...

Buy HD Advance 2.0. It's only $30 ... and it will save you money in the long run.

If you had an 'official' SONY HDD, you could save games, SOCOM maps and other stuff to your HD.