1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've got a few questions.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by CRAZYmack, Feb 16, 2003.

1. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

OK, So I've got some VCD's and I want to make it easier to fast forward so I want to add chapters, does anyone know how its possible to make a VCD into chapters that would be great. ALso does anyone know of any software that makes better menus than Nero? And finally my last question, My VCD's are more than one disc (obviously) and I want to add a black screen with text that says insert disc 2 at the end of the first disc and I want it to stay there till the person ejects the disc or whatever. So if anyone knows how to do all this that would be great.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Hello again!!

You want to add chapters, a menu better than nero and a frame at the end telling you that its time to insert the second cd?? Ok fair enough, I'll answer some of that :p

First of all, a bit of advice! Drop the menu idea! All vcd menus are, are usually 1 frame video files and thats it. Its hard to create an interactive menu for vcd and even if you did it would look crummy!

Anyway, with that out of the way, the program you require is VCDEasy. It will make it easy for you to make your chapters!

VCDEasy - http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/vcdeasy.cfm

VCDEasy will also make it easy for you to add that pic you want at the end for the second cd. You can even click the "Interactivity" button to change how long it is shown, I havent tried but I'm sure it supports infinite display.

I havent really created many menu's for vcd because I just dont see the point to be honest! Ulead DVD Workshop and Pinnacle Impression DVD-PRO will create menus for you but both cost a lot of money!

3. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

You can add chapters and the little video segment that says 'next disc' using VCDeasy. It's a freeware.

As for menus... never tried it with VCDeasy since I like my VCDs to just play the film, but there is a guide on menus on the VCDeasy site:

http://www.vcdeasy.org/

Rgds,
    jnihil.

4. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

ok, thanks a lot. Well you see i'm on vacation ATM and I'm pretty bored so i wanted to make my vcd' look really good even though they're only for my personal use =) hehe thanks anyway guys i really appreciate it.

5. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Well NP from me anyway :)