1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've heard of an "open tray" error but this is ridiculous!!! Need help plz!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by hnq, Oct 8, 2007.

1. hnq

hnq Member

Alright so it's been exactly two months since i bought my 360 and for a few days, i've been having some strange problem. Ok so it's like i'm playing some game, any game, and after some time, the game closes and it returns to the dashboard and instead of the "open tray" message, it shows "opening" message as if the tray is coming out, the power button's light is blinking, but in reality it doesn't even try to come out. Then i press the drive button and the game starts again. Anyone experienced the same thing?

It's not that problem related to placing the xbox vertically that you've to push the tray in order for it to come out. It's totally different from it and just happens automatically, i'm kind of freaked out!!!!!!!!!

2. furchtlos

furchtlos Guest

Hmmmm..... ive never heard of that one before. I suggest you ring the 360 helpline ( the number will be in the manuals that came with the console.) Generally they send you out courier instructions and you go from there, unless they can tell you if you can fix it (by doing something simple) but thats doubtful man.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

If you happen to have flashed your Xbox it could very well be a bad flash. The times i had heard of the "open tray" message before was due to bad flashing. Same for the "insert an xbox 360 disc" message.

If it is not modded then i would either call MS and get it fixed, or if you bought an in store warranty when you bought it then take it back.

4. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

the number is 18004MYXBOX

5. life0025

life0025 Member

I got a Hitachi Drive 47DJ..Its been flashed..I fixed the 3 Red light problem using X-clamp replacement method..and now the drive gives "open tray" and "To play this disk, Put it in an Xbox 360 console" for original and backup games..I restored the orig firmware and checked it..prob was still there..then flashed it with Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_3_Stealth Revision 2..Problem was still there..

Then I used Rubber band trick...No progress

Then i put small piece of aluminium to adjust the movement of laser..No progress.

Ahhh...iam scratching my head..

I found a different FW called "iXtreme1.2_rev2_Hitachi_Sense_Fixfw"

here the word "sense" relates to sensor sumhow..I downloaded it from Xbins..May be i shud try this..lets see what happens..

B4 that..something important i would tell u ..

Disks which have been written completly run on my X360..but those which are empty on the outer edges dont run(open tray or To play this disk, Put it in an Xbox 360 console )..
    This brings the idea of re-applying rubber band trick with a different width size..