1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've made a VCD and the audio has been sped up.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Stoke_Lad, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Stoke_Lad

Stoke_Lad Member

I had a few mpegs and I made a VCD using Nero, and the audio is high pitched as if the speed has been increased. I'm not sure if the picture speed has been increased, but I'm guessing it has, as they are in sync.

I got the videos from Kazaa, and I'm assuming they are in NTSC format. I think I burned them as PAL, so could this be the problem, due to the different FPS?

Now I have deleted the original videos from my hard drive, if I copy the videos back to my hard drive is there anyway I can fix the audio problem?

Cheers

2. ying0yang

ying0yang Member

use tmpgenc to encode your mpeg files , better control of quality then nero.also in the wizard , you can choose the ntsc or pal code.

TMPGENC is a little slow but make good result.

GOOD LUCK

3. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

I'd use DVD2SVCD as a frontend for CCE SP. TMPGEnc takes much too long and cant handle fast scenes very well wheras CCE SP is realy fast. I encoded an SVCD with 2 pass encoding (min:300 average:1600 max:2450) with TMPGEnc and it took 14 hours to finish. I did the same with CCE SP but with 4 pass encoding and it took 6-7 hours to complete and the quality was much much higher than the TMPGEnc one.

And before anyone asks, yes DVD2SVCD can convert avi 2 (s)vcd!