1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've read all the bin/cue stuff but i still have a problem (i'm a dumb noob)

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Ponch, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Ponch

Ponch Member

I downloaded some video and when i was done i had 3 bins and 3 cues. I took the 3 bins and converted them each to ISO's on winISO. However, each time i converted 1 bin it turned into 2 ISO's instead of just one. 1 ISO was 900kb and the other was the actual video at about 663mb. It did the same thing for all the bins i converted into ISO's, it would always turn into 2 ISO's.

So i took the ISO that was the bigger file (the 663mb one) and i burned it as an image on Nero. After i was finished i went to My Computer and opened that cd and nothing was in there. There was nothing for me to click on to watch. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? I'll gladly download any new program i need to. All i want to do is watch it on my computer.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 9, 2003
  2. Ponch

Ponch Member

don't mean to be imposing but can anyone please help me?

3. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

Umm and why did you convert the bins to ISO? Nero wouldve just as easily burned the .bins Use Nero to burn the cue/bins, if you still have the originals that is.. I would try that and see if you have any luck.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Sure we'll help if we can but give us more than half an hour eh? ;-) Some of us (supposedly) have lives outside of our computers :p

To answer your question, I think what is happening is that it is also converting the CUE files into ISOs as well.

When converting to and from image formats as well as when burning, you need to be cautious of the mode and sector type asociated with different formats:
    BIN/CUE DataCD, for the majority of cases: Mode1/2352
    BIN/CUE MediaCd, always Mode2/2352
    ISO: always Mode1/2048

And I have the same query as SadJoker, why convert to ISO when BIN is much easier to work with (yes I know that ISO is "internationally standard", but truth be said, BIN files are probably much more common). And BIN files allow you to do error checking and fancy stuff like that. With Nero, if you want to burn a BIN/CUE, you need to select the CUE file or manually select the BIN file.

For Commonly Asked Questions regarding CD Images see http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/7976
    :)

5. Ponch

Ponch Member

okay i got everything right this time and i finally burned it. I got one of my friends to help me. Hoever when i click on the file to play it in windows media player it just stay at "media changing." After that i tried opening it up in Real One and divx and it still wouldn't even start the video. I have the divx codec and eveything and it isn't playing. Is it possible that i am i victim of a bad file?

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member