1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've really messed up now - Deleted flash0; bricked PSP? PLEASE HELP, urgent.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by loathsome, Feb 26, 2007.

1. loathsome

loathsome Member

Hi all,

Okay, yesterday I was trying to install a custom XMB. I opened up the flash0-folder, backuped everything (had never been there before) and then I somehow DELETED everything. I turned off the PSP, assumed that I would be able to get back via recovery mode, but the hell no - I can no longer do anything. My NEWLY BOUGHT PRETTY WHITE PSP is now a stupid brick which only shows a small green light for ten seconds then turns off. It's running DA's custom FW 3.10OE-A', and I don't understand why I cannot access recovery mode - If I could just get USB access everything would be fine.

I've tried "everything" I can right now, and I'm really stressed out. I'm on a vacation to Czech WITHOUT my laptop and the only thing I had to kill some time with was my precoius (and EXPENSIVE) PSP.

My god, why the heck did I have to install that ugly custom XMB-skin?! WHY DID I?

I understand perfectly who's responsible for all this etc. :) I just really wan't it to work, because me - as a 16 year old boy - can't afford to chip / buy a new one.

Many thanks in advance,
    loathsome+

2. Static_

Static_ Regular member

Thats a shame man, my condolences to the bereaved.

Also, what's the fascination with modding your XMB? What's wrong with simply adding your own background picture as wallpaper and sticking with original text?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  3. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

If you can't get to recovery mode then you're stuffed I'm afraid.

4. loathsome

loathsome Member

Thanks for your reply.

SCREW the stupid custom XMB, I just wanted to try it x] oh well, never again. Um, that means - never again IF I EVER have a PSP again.

This really blows. There must be some way to fix this?

5. Static_

Static_ Regular member

Try to raise funds by auctioning the smashing of your PSP? Maybe the Czech's will go crazy for it.

It's all good man, I know you feel like shit, I lost a loved PSP too...but you'll end up with another one in your hands one day, fate works in mysterious ways for PSP owners.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  6. loathsome

loathsome Member

Haha, sweet idea =D But nah, I'll most likely sell it for cheap @ ebay or something if there's no way to fix this. I'm sad right now.

7. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Get in touch with Hexitnow, he may be able to help you out.

8. loathsome

loathsome Member

Yeah, he was the reason I joined afterdawn in the first place :) I'll contact him and hope for the best.

9. guano

guano Regular member

Wow... It takes a special kind of n00b to destroy F0. Hex won't be able to help unless he can code an F0 specific to your PSP's internal IDs - Which he cannot. You're screwed, mon ami. How the hell do you accidentally erase something that sensitive????

10. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

I meant more that he may be able to help with buying it, he buys bricked PSP's doesn't he ?

11. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

send it back to sony. tell em it stopped half way through an update.
    aslong as the sticker thingy isnt void they shud sort it for you. mite cost like, im not sure. but just argue, tell them its there fault or sommet. lol. i no the feelin mate. bricked mine a couple of weeks ago.

12. loathsome

loathsome Member

Did you send it to Sony?

I didn't know what the heck it was :p Yeah, I'm stupid I know etc. wah wah.

13. loathsome

loathsome Member

Remember, I HAVE BACKUP of the flash0 - there's got to be some way to get the files back to the PSP?

14. guano

guano Regular member

Nope. B/c when you erased all the files from F0, you also erased recovery.prx, which enables you to get to recovery mode. Show's over.

15. djmazz

djmazz Regular member

na i opened my old one so i voided that warranty. i bought a new one but got a white one n done some button swapping. they wont help if the sticker is void but they have to if it isnt cos of the warranty.

16. loathsome

loathsome Member

c.r.a.p

17. newgen06

newgen06 Guest

Im new to custom firmware, I have 3.10oe. Just out of interest how do you get to the those very important flash files, are they on the memory stick?, why would you need to go into such an important part of the PSP anyway?.

Madness I would be so p*ssed if I bricked my PSP. Why do people p*ss round with there PSP's, and moan when they trash em.

18. loathsome

loathsome Member

They're available through the recovery menu. I was going, as said before, to install a custom XMB!!

19. guano

guano Regular member

The files are on the internal memory of the PSP. You get to it via USB from recovery mode. One would want to mess w/ these files for customization reasons. Custom XMB, menus, etc. You have to be a seasoned hacker on the PSP to NOT screw it up, as it is very easy to destroy.

20. newgen06

newgen06 Guest

Thanks guys, ill stay out of the recovery menu then.

I feel your pain loathsome, oh well we live and learn guys!!!!!.