1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've searched the internet fo ra week now for an answer but I can't find it. Help me out. Please..

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by coeus9, Jan 26, 2008.

1. coeus9

coeus9 Member

I know as much as I need to know about making back ups. I've been doing it for two years now. I use Swap Magic 3.6. It used to work fine until it stopped being read by my fat PS2. It's old and dirty, and it doesn't help that I used to clean it improperly.

I bought a new Swap Magic DVD disc. This one ACTUALLY gets to the white Playstation 2 letters before being stuck on the black screen. I hear my disc spinning, but it can stay on this black screen forever.

If it doesn't stick on the black screen, I'm taken back to the PS2 browser. I select the disc again, then I end up on the black screen of death.

What's going on here? Any way to fix this? This disc is brand new. This weekend, I'll try to go to a friend's house to try out the new Swap Magic 3.6 disc on his PS2.

2. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

your ps2 laser is screwed up what version ps2 do you have?

Try putting it upside it with swap magic in it or vertically

3. tmh5587

tmh5587 Member

If your having such problems with your ps2 either get a new one for around 75 bucks or try the memory card exploit with HD loader and you will never have to use the laser lens, except for the exploit.