1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ixtreme 1.3

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by smileyjim, Nov 14, 2007.

1. smileyjim

smileyjim Regular member

I was wondering if anyone has updated to this yet, also would there be any point in me updating to this as i currently have ixtreme1.2.
    Is there any big advantages in having this new firmware?

2. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I tried to update but I get an error when I use the bin file. It says that it is not valid.

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

It gives better stealth to games when played on Live, so that' kind of nice! I updated my system to it two days ago, and it worked fine for me! When you get the file from xbins, make sure you also get the file that you use with IPREP so that it works correctly!

4. smileyjim

smileyjim Regular member

I don't understand better stealth to games....
    If ixtreme wont let you boot a game unless its stealth patched how can you improve this?
    How do you get iprep to recognize the 1.3 file??
    thanks in advance.

5. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I'm not talking about the SS.bin patches, I'm talking about how you have better "STEALTH" when going on Xbox Live! You have a better chance of not being caught on it!

To make it work with IPREP you gotta get the ixDef.xml file! You can get that from xbins as well! It should have 1.3 in the name of the file!

6. smileyjim

smileyjim Regular member

I keep getting not valid firmware file too.
    I have replaced the ixdef folder with the new one extracted from the 1.3 rar file and still no luck.
    Can any one help please???

7. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Was it a folder?! Because it should have been just a file (an .xml file) You just put that in the IPREP folder and overwrite the old one! Then you have to open IPREP and create the Firmware!

8. smileyjim

smileyjim Regular member

Thanks Dav germ.
    I was trying to use the ixtrem def file as my firmware too!
    I didn't have the actual firmware.
    Thanks mate ok now.
    Which speed did you use , 12x,8,5x,2x,?
    And why?
    Any idea what speed the ixtreme1.2c quiet was?

9. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

The quiet was probably 2x!

These are just speeds on how fast the Drive will read the discs at! I put mine at 5x and it's working fine for me!

10. zlaec1

zlaec1 Member

Do the different versions read up to a maximum speed?

In other words, does the 12X version read at all speeds up to 12X? Does the 5X version read at all speeds up to 5X? If these versions can read up to a maximum, does the DVD drive try all speeds up to the maximum until it is able to read the disc?

I'm trying to play backups burned at 2.4X on Verbatim DVD +R DLs. Should I be able to read Verbatims at 12X?

11. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

The speed is for how fast the Drive will read the games. If you put it at 12x, the laser for the drive will die off a lot quicker. I put mine at 5x and the backups were burned at 2.4x and they all play just fine.

Be careful right now though, because M$ is release the BAN HAMMER on Modded Xbox 360's right now!

Here is the thread for that:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/3/589682#3566134

12. nki00

nki00 Regular member

I read somewhere on this forum that for the Samsung TS-H943 MS25 drive one needs to use 5x file only. Is that true?

13. zlaec1

zlaec1 Member

What media are you using? I've been burning backups with Verbatims burned at 2.4X. Everyone says that this is the best media but they don't really work for me. I have a TS-H943A drive with iXtreme 1.3 5x version installed. I was able to play one of the backups once. When I tried the disc again, I got the "unreadable disc" error. Why would I be able to play the disc only once and never again? Physically, the disc has no damage. I tried all the speed versions of iXtreme 1.3 but none of them work. I thought 5x would be a good performance balance between backups and originals. Any recommendations on media, firmware, burn speed etc?

I don't use Xbox Live so I'm not concerned with being banned.

14. smileyjim

smileyjim Regular member

Try burning them at 1x.
    I had some discs that would not work unless they were burned at 1x (strange i know), although they take the same length of time to burn(around about 40 mins) the ones burnt at 1x all worked for me.
    They were verbs too.
    good luck.

15. zlaec1

zlaec1 Member

I'll try it. Will I have to change to a slower firmware than what I have installed now (5x read speed)?

16. zlaec1

zlaec1 Member

I selected 1X in ImgBurn but it ended up burning the disc at 2.4X. While it was burning the window showed a write speed of 1X and a write rate of 2.4X. The resulting disc had the same problem. The discs are either readable/playable once or twice and then unreadable. Sometimes if I keep trying, the discs will go through all the menus and then become unreadable right before the game loads. I've tried everything (varying speed, changing firmware etc.). I'm using supposedly the best media Verbatim. Could it be my burner? It's a Sony DRU-810A with the latest firmware. Any ideas?

17. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

i haven't been on the forums for a long time so im wondering can i still use the mtkflash method to get this onto my 360 as it always works for me. or have there been some changes that prevent it.

also ms28 what speed should i be at. im okay with the normal one i have no real preference but what is the safest speed to be at.

18. whacko999

whacko999 Member

Yeah it could well be your burner i was using an LG DL burner and some disks were working and some wasnt so my bro told me to get a Pioneer 112d 18x Dl Dvdrw +/- Oem cost £26.99 from http:// ever since i got it never had a problem so if i do have 1 know its not the burner ;)

Hope that works m8

19. nki00

nki00 Regular member

I just flashed my Samsung TS-H943 MS25 with the 5x version of iXtreme 1.3. But somehow all my attempts to burn DVDs with the BENQ DVD DD DW1640 drive produce coaster -- the XBOX says "To play this disc, put it in an xbox 360 console". (I'm burning the downloaded Halo 3 NTSC- ASSCLOWN.iso file. The info file to it says that it is prepatched and should work. I was using CloneCD, burning at 2.4x speed with layer break at 1913760).

Is it my DVD drive that f's it up???? Please someone, I'm losing my mind over it!!!

20. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

did u use vista to make ur ixtreme firmware?

if u did than it didn't put the right stuff in do it again in xp as the command prompts are different.

thats my experience. i had that exact problem.