1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ixtreme question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kkre4605, Jun 27, 2007.

1. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

Hi, I have a flashed 360 that I have not gone online with since they banned a lot of ppl last month. I wanted to go onto ixtreme fimware.

I was going to get a guy to do it for me and he said I have to test if I have been banned first. Now I wanna know is this true. Or can I just update the firmware without testing my old firmware first becuase I haven't been on live for 2months with that console so surely it can't hae been banned. or could they have banned it whilst it was offline?

2. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Apparantly iXtreme 1.2 can go online without getting banned, but if your planning on backing up your games using your 360,s drive it wont work.
    Am sticking with Xtreme 5.3 for now.

3. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

if you have already been marked to be banned as soon as you log back on to live it will ban you, no matter what firmware you are using.
    Thats my understanding anyway.

4. malinki

malinki Regular member

absolutely spot on truth there, it irrelevant whether you have been online recently or not - if your inline for a ban you will get banned. Bannings may not be happening right now though - you may be safe until september and then get banned, nobody knows for sure how M$ are actually playing this

5. kkre4605

kkre4605 Regular member

oh okay thanks 4 the info guys. I went on last night and i'm not banned, yay! (i wonder what microsoft are playing at!?)

anyways thanks again!

6. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

k im not banned never went online so im actually not sure! i think ill do i xtreme then check i might as well if im not ban its all good if i am w.e i tried something! but i highly doubt i am!

7. xbox_ian

xbox_ian Guest

My brand new 360 is still sat here in bits - never switched on awaiting the ixtreme firmware!

Unlucky for me that it had a Hitachi 78k drive!
    Hope the new hitachi firmware comes in the next couple of weeks... Ive had it for nearly a month without even switchin it on :(

I'm not even that bothered about playing copies... I only played 1 game at once on my last 360 - but I just cant resist taking things in bits - just because I can.

Anyone heard any updates on the progress?

8. monteca

monteca Regular member

i havent heard any updates except that it is in developement