1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jailbreaking ps3 firmware 4.25

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by mike30, Oct 9, 2012.

1. mike30

mike30 Member

hello im trying to jailbreak my ps3 firmware 4.25. i found a link on youtube and downloaded updat.pup file for 4.25. after installing it i don't have 'install pkg file' option. it must have not worked. does anyone know where to get jailbreak 4.25? also im having trouble getting a password for extracting the file because of the surveys needed to unlock it. does anyone know where i could pay for it? thanks

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

there's no jailbreak for 4.25 all them youtube/facebook/fake pup/twitter that talk about 4.25 are stupid really.... they are making money from other people by using ads and surveys.... same goes for them pup downgraders... all they do is just make your ps3 into kiosk mode and 90% of them just brick the ps3 you got lucky that your ps3 didn't brick lol probably the worst are the ones that you install and they lock the ps3 for a 9.99 version... of no means getting out off nor updating to a fresh official firmware...

you better of paying someone to downgrade it using a hardware flasher... or you can do it your self by getting e3 flasher or progskeet... there's no easy way of doing this sort of things...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  3. mike30

mike30 Member

thanks for the replies. i guess im lucky i didn't have any problems with my ps3. ill look into downgrading my firmware. its too bad i cant keep my current firmware. thanks again