1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jak 2 boot problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Fuze, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Fuze

Fuze Member

hey im using a slide card, and swap magic disks to try and boot this sucka, so i do the whole procedure and the game does load kinda, but only to the sony computer entertainment presents screen, and the gmae just freezes there...anyone know whats going on?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

my best guess would be a bad backup copy as i have no problems booting my backup of jak 2 on my v7 ps2 with swap magic 2 (does not require cd loader)if you have used that type of dvdr media before with success then try reburning at a slower speed or try a different brand of media

3. Fuze

Fuze Member

i figured it out i just needed to use dvd dycrptor best burning software EVA!!!! so now no probblems with any games, including the EA games.

4. OAKside24

OAKside24 Regular member

So both you got Jak II to work? I burned using RecordNow DX onto Memorex DVD+R at 3-4x (Max) and the game skips a lot, way too much to play after blue border. BAD BURN or WHAT? Maybe try DVD Decrypter? (I already dnlded-its on my CPU) New Media? THANKS for any help --Oh yeah, and have any you gotten Socom II to burn and play successfully?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]--Ares Galaxy-- try THIS out (download.com)
    FlipTop/SMDv2 | RecordNow DX | LiteOn CDVDrw
    [/small]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2003
  5. mgb0101

mgb0101 Member

I have.

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

oakside made my backup with record now the only difference was i burnt at 2x and used -r discs

7. OAKside24

OAKside24 Regular member

devilhunt
    Thanks What brand/[bold]Manufacturer DVD-R[/bold]? and also at 2x you meant the [bold]MINimum or MIDdle[/bold] setting?

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member