1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

jak 3 hdloader problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Acroneous, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Acroneous

Acroneous Guest

hey everyone, i was wondering if anyone can help me out with my jak 3 PAL version problem. i kno that i hv to apply a ppf patch to it in order to be able to load it off hdloader. i decrypted it using dvd decrypter, as an ISO, opened up ppf-o-matic, and applied the patch. i then got the image and trasferred it to my ps2 hd using hdl_dumb 0.8. when i come to load it using hdloader, it gets the screen where it says sony computer entertaimnent....etc. then, when it loads the beginning cutscene, the sound continues normally, but the video freezes after 2 seconds. anything i missed doing here?? can someone help me out. any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. paddymail

paddymail Regular member

i can't help with your hdloader questions, sorry. But why don't you just burn the iso after you've decrypted it.
    I burned jak3 no problems - dvddecrypter to copy the iso to the hard drive - then nero reloaded to burn the iso onto ritek g05 dye discs at 8 speed... works perfectly!!

3. Acroneous

Acroneous Guest

thx for the response paddymail. i would just like to tell you that i found a way to work it. after patching it and all that crap, all i had to do was turn on all compatibility flags and it worked perfectly.

4. paddymail

paddymail Regular member

good one - hope you enjoy the game as much as I do